No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An elderly aunt of mine moved out to the Prairies a few months ago to be close to her son (and only child). Last time I spoke with her she said she was "very happy" with the move, which was good to hear.

I spoke to my brother today, who said that Auntie is somewhat less thrilled with the move now that the temperatures out there have hit -40 ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
      ... Auntie is somewhat less thrilled with the move now that the temperatures out there have hit -40 ...
      Well, they're still using outdoor privies there...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• For Christmas I got Snoopy shoes, Pokemon cards and a Bulbasaur from Build-a-Bear.

Because I am an adult.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
          Well, they're still using outdoor privies there...
          I think for some of them outdoor privies would be several steps forward. I just ran across a post on FB, from some group of separationist loonies out there, saying that Canada's last election was RIGGED ... with the help of (wait for it) George Soros, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton!

And they're SERIOUS.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Half of the deer you see are transvestites half of the year....

They have balls, plus a nice rack.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• 50% off Xmas stuff at Meijer. Got two rolls of Star Wars paper for next year. The nice people will get the Rebel paper, naughty people get the First Order paper.

Comment

• True story, my hand to God.

Funny thing happened while grocery shopping today. In a supermarket, in the produce section, there's two groups of parents standing and talking, while most of their kids wait patiently... but one child (boy about 8) is bored, babbling, interrupting, weaving in and out of the adults, making noise, etc. He stops and claps his hands together twice really loudly...

And the lights shut off.

And I look at the kid and in my best Adam Sandler voice I say "Why? Why would you do that?"

The power cuts back in about 30 seconds later (well, the lights did, but the computer running the tills crashed and took about an hour to get back to running).

For the rest of the time in that store, you could hear that kid clapping his hands together, trying to get the lights off again.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                  For the rest of the time in that store, you could hear that kid clapping his hands together, trying to get the lights off again.
                  "OK, guys, who wants to explain why there's a clapper switch on the main circuit breakers?"

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                    "OK, guys, who wants to explain why there's a clapper switch on the main circuit breakers?"
                    It's a good thing that device wasn't called "The Jacker..."
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                      That would be an epic last-day prank.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Dammit that black top is good
                        and makes her tits look huge...

And this is what I notice when I've been working from 8 in the morning-11 or 12 at night.Two more days to go and who knows what I'll be noticing by then..
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I published a story on a site last month and this week readers were voting for their favorite. I'll never catch first place but another author and I are battling it out for second place. He's currently ahead by three votes! Oh well, there's still two days to go.

Comment

• So I follow the local emergency services scanner twitter and it reported there was a stabbing really close to where I live. Not in the complex, but just a couple houses away. We don't really have blocks out here but if we did it would be one block over.

I'm just sitting here listening to all the sirens hoping it was a domestic and not a random stabbing. The post didn't say details. So many sirens.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Just today it dawned on me that I've been letting co-workers' expectations of me determine how I dress for work, how I wear my hair, etc. I felt like I had to live up to the "me" they all knew, and not deviate from that image. And now that I don't work there anymore, I don't have to care what they think.

Not that I ever really had to; but you fall into habits and routines, you know? And that's done.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• So I've had a big bright blue streak in my hair for ~3 days now, and so far the only people to notice have been my immediate coworkers (J's only comment was "I was wondering when you'd finally do that" and one of my junior CWs thinks it's awesome).

Yup, mom can see a hair out of place from across the room, but not notice this...? Maybe I should do my whole head next time and see what the reaction is (this stuff washes out after a few shampoos).
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X