No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nipissing... The result of answering a call of nature outside when it's too damn cold...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• So my son has one of those Barron's books for music theory. It apparently has a section in there about singing. But it's not really about how good of a singer you are, it's about hitting the right note for the right amount of time.

Anyway, he said something about the book saying that you can't sing certain things, and one of the things listed was "nonsense".

So I said, "So, no modern pop songs, then?"

Yeah, I know that's not what they meant. 'Twas a joke.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• We all know the tropes for the things you just don't say out loud. But which hoses you more: "it can't get any worse" or "what could possibly go wrong"?
        Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
        They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
          We all know the tropes for the things you just don't say out loud. But which hoses you more: "it can't get any worse" or "what could possibly go wrong"?
          Any time I hear, "it can't get any worse," it gets worse.

Any time I hear, "what could possibly go wrong," I find out real fast.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Probably my favorite beer right now I got introduced to a couple of years ago. It's called "Backwoods Bastard".

I keep giggling to myself thinking they should create one called "Disrespectful Bastard".
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Favorite non-standard M&M variety?

Don't get me wrong, regular ol' chocolate is great, but they've come up with some weird ones over the years. Me, I'm boring - give me dark chocolate, mint, or peanut butter any day.
              Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
              They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                Favorite non-standard M&M variety?

Don't get me wrong, regular ol' chocolate is great, but they've come up with some weird ones over the years. Me, I'm boring - give me dark chocolate, mint, or peanut butter any day.
                At least try the caramel M&Ms. They are rather tasty.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                  Favorite non-standard M&M variety?

I like the crispy. Mint are pretty good, and the toffee aren't bad.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Any time I hear, "it can't get any worse," it gets worse.

Any time I hear, "what could possibly go wrong," I find out real fast.
                    My sis used to work in the ER and anybody who was fool enough to say "Gee, it's quiet tonight" got bonked over the head with an oxygen tank.

I did some gardening today and at the end of it couldn't deal with preparing even the simplest meal. So I called out to one of my favourite eateries and ordered their Thai Crunch salad with crispy chicken on it, and sesame ginger soya dressing.
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Some nights you can relax knowing you worked your butt off all day and got shit done.

Some days you do absolutely nothing and spend the evening watching The Mandalorian while eating marshmallows directly from the bag.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Call center workers will reprimand each other for use of the Q-word, too. Phrases like "tempting fate" get used.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          Some nights you can relax knowing you worked your butt off all day and got shit done.

Some days you do absolutely nothing and spend the evening watching The Mandalorian while eating marshmallows directly from the bag.
                          Both sides are needed for a balanced life.

Comment

• Watching A New Hope for the first time with the younger son. Scene where Luke is training with the floating orb on the Falcon.

Husband: This is the scene that inspired many children to close their eyes and flail around with a baseball bat while their little brothers threw tennis balls at them.

Me: That sounds... weirdly specific.

Husband: I'm sure many other children did this too, okay?
                            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              Watching A New Hope for the first time with the younger son. Scene where Luke is training with the floating orb on the Falcon.

Husband: This is the scene that inspired many children to close their eyes and flail around with a baseball bat while their little brothers threw tennis balls at them.

Me: That sounds... weirdly specific.

Husband: I'm sure many other children did this too, okay?

"Weirdly specific" indeed!

I was lucky enough to see it at the theatre. That opening shot, with the Imperial Star Destroyer appearing to go right over our heads (and going on and on and ON) ws absolutely stunning.
                              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Wait till you see my Imperial Destroyer going right over your head and going on and on and on...indeed it will be absolutely stunning
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X