This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's MY food!

My husband just called to tell me about his day, and while he was on his way home, he decided to stop and pick up some food at McD's. He was waiting by the counter (the drive-thru was backed up) and when they reached over the counter to hand him his bag, a lady who was STILL IN LINE to order reached over and snatched it out of the cashier's hand, saying "Thank you, I've been waiting 20 minutes for this!" The cashier snatched it back, saying, "You're NOT welcome, this is not yours!" The lady apparently tried to object, but it was her turn to order, so she turned around in a huff and placed her order for something that was not even close to what we had.

I don't get people these days. My best guess, she was a regular who had her food ready when she got there on some days.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

I'm going to go with the lady being a delusional bitch on this one. If she was still in line and hadn't even paid then she knew damn well it couldn't be hers. But I have a feeling that they've had a few run ins with her for the cashier to be so quick to grab the bag back.

Comment

If I was a manager there and saw that, I would have thrown her out on the spot for pulling that kind of stunt.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
        If I was a manager there and saw that, I would have thrown her out on the spot for pulling that kind of stunt.
        And given a perma-ban as well!

Comment

I know that locally we have a few crazies (mostly little old ladies who just need someone to help take care of them), but from what hubs told me, she seemed perfectly normal. I also feel like this McD's being right off the interstate had something to do with it, but I'm not sure how. Maybe she came from somewhere where the cashiers can read minds?
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

Since she hadn't even ordered yet, I think she was trying to steal his food. Maybe she's gotten away with doing that before.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Since she hadn't even ordered yet, I think she was trying to steal his food. Maybe she's gotten away with doing that before.
              With the confusion that can go on in a rush, this is what I think almost happened. The one bagging the meal often isn't the one who took the order so the bagger hasn't got a clue who the meal actually belongs to. Since everyone else is playing by the rules, it just takes a second of confusion, a quick hand, and balls of brass to get away with it.
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

That was my idea to Evil..she figured "busy, people milling about waiting for orders, just snatch and go". Glad the worker was on the ball!

Comment

Anyone tried to snatch my food, they'd end up with a fist in the face. Especially if I have a PMS inspired junk food craving at that moment...
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

I can see now that she may have thought she could get away with stealing it, and that might be why I thought the location had something to do with it. They probably see this all the time from people who think "Hey, I'm just passing through, they'll never see me again."

Comment

I had one kid who used to steal from my store when it was really busy by buying a drink and just waiting in the back and as it died down you would notice him and ask him if he was waiting for something. He didn't do it every time but we caught it one day (he always came in with the movie crowd so lots of people) when he tried to pull it with a specialty item that we had to cook to order for him. No one had ordered one at all during the entire rush and when asked for a receipt he panicked and booked it. Always printed his receipt and left it next to my register when I saw him after that.

Comment

Once at Wawa a couple years ago(It was super-convenient being next door to the Red Vest I worked at), I ordered a sandwich from their sandwich counter while on my lunch. Since everything was specialty-built, I can only imagine the surprise whoever stole my sandwich off the counter while I was in line paying got when they found my hoagie to contain roast beef, banana peppers, onions, pepper-jack cheese, and lots of mayo. They were shocked as I was, because I was like, "Where's my sandwich...?" Showed the slip... Somebody had, of course... Already grabbed it while I was in line.

The good news is, they made me a new one, especially since they knew me quite well(As well as many employees at that particular store, since... Right next door, MANY a lunch bought there by MANY a person).
                        Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

That's why the Mc Donalds around here print out order numbers on all meals. your order number is on the receipt and on your meal. If they don't match you don't get.

Comment

I wonder if the one who got the banana pepper hoagie called and complained that their order was wrong.

And all the McD's I've been to print the order number and some will even call it out instead of calling out what's in the order ("Order 489" instead of "Ten-piece nuggets and fillet-o-fish!"), but I've never once had any of them ask to see my ticket number. Maybe I just have an honest face.
                            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                              And all the McD's I've been to print the order number and some will even call it out instead of calling out what's in the order ("Order 489" instead of "Ten-piece nuggets and fillet-o-fish!"), but I've never once had any of them ask to see my ticket number. Maybe I just have an honest face.
                              I've found fast food places vary widely on how they call orders. Around here, they usually just call the number and don't check the customer's receipt. However in larger cities or if it's busy everyone has to show their receipt. If an order is called and no one picks it up, they will read what the order is. It always seems to get the person's attention.

Don't know if I've told this one, but our local warehouse store is super busy, including the food court. I was waiting for my polish dog, (yes, it was so busy we had to wait briefly for fresh to heat) and the lady calls an order for two hotdogs. Two guys go up and proceed to argue over who's it was. When the receipt was checked, they had both ordered at the exact same time on different registers.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X