This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A seasonal joke

One Christmas, 3 guys in richly decorated robes and riding camels arrive at a truck stop in Bethlehem PA. They're completely lost, and even though they were trying to get to Bethlehem, it doesn't look anything like what they were expecting.

They ask the fuel desk attendant for help with directions, and after looking at their (very brief) "how to get from A to B" crib sheet, he says "I see your problem - you were supposed to follow an Eastern star".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

I don't get it.
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Joke killing explanation:

The three guys are the Three Wise Men who showed up at Jesus' birth. When following the directions, they went west and ended up in Pennsylvania rather than the Middle East.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My apologies! I'd thought of that answer and thrown it out. :embarrassed:
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Broomjockey got half of it. The reason the 3 wise men showed up at a truck stop (rather than some other establishment) in Bethlehem PA (actually, there are no truck stops in Bethlehem itself, but this would have fallen flat if they'd showed up at the Allentown service plaza on I476), and my emphasis on "Eastern" in the type of star they should have been following, is that if you follow a Western Star for long enough you'll wind up at a truck stop.

Comment

They got to the truck stop by following a Western Star truck.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              if you follow a Western Star for long enough you'll wind up at a truck stop.
              Never even heard of them. Ever. In any way, shape, or form.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Never even heard of them. Ever. In any way, shape, or form.
                I see a lotta trucks on my way to work and I never heard of them either.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Here is some more information, including the history, of Western Star Trucks. I don't recall ever seeing any on the road. Truth be told, I was expecting Western Star to be a chain of filling stations or truck stops. But it is a funny joke.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've heard of Western Star, mainly because they sometimes show up in the model car magazines I get. Never seen one on the road though.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      I see a lotta trucks on my way to work and I never heard of them either.
                      Very strange, considering one time I made a pickup at your workplace, and I drive a Western Star.

Comment

I've never heard of Western Star before either, but did try to work out the joke with Texaco. Of course it didn't quite fit.

Actually, it's a pretty good joke if you know enough to get it.

Comment

Well shoot, the 3 men just needed to head northeast and they would've come to Galilee, Abramsville, and Damascus. Besides everyone knows there is no virgins or carpenters in Bethleham anymore. Or maybe that's Scranton??
                          Make a list of important things to do today.
                          At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                          Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Very strange, considering one time I made a pickup at your workplace, and I drive a Western Star.
                            Really? Huh. I guess I never noticed any then...maybe I'll have to start paying more attention
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                            X