This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Well, I don't believe you!"

I had a customer looking for a product that she had a coupon for. The photo on the coupon was of the old packaging. It was blessedly changed because it was crap that we'd always have to tape back together when it'd fall apart. I explained politely to her over several minutes that this was indeed what she was looking for, just with new packaging. She kept shaking her head like I'm an idiot. Finally she goes, "Well, I don't believe you, but thanks." I don't know if she ended up buying the item or not, I was so irritated at that point that I went elsewhere. Yeah, I'm only here 40 hours a week, what the heck do I know...

You do your best to help them and they just can't get out of their heads long enough to except that you might be right about something.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I might've said "Are you accusing me of lying?" I might not, as I choose my battles. I hate being called a liar, have quit a job for being told to lie.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I remember a customer freaking out over new packaging and claiming the product was different. I can't remember now if we had both the old and the new packaging or if we showed her that it was the same article number or what, but I DO know the SC made a manager call another store to see if they had any of the old packaging left.

She was one of those insulting SC, the kind who think they can order you around and take an hour for no reason. Thankfully she was being helped by a great manager who doesn't take that. I believe this SC was told she needed to knock it off or we wouldn't help her anymore. Okay, she didn't say that exactly. It was more like "stop being abusive." And you know what? It worked, I don't remember any more run-ins with this SC.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
          I explained politely to her over several minutes that this was indeed what she was looking for, just with new packaging. She kept shaking her head like I'm an idiot.
          Of course, because no company in the history of the world has ever changed the label or packaging on their products!

And of course the store employees who stock and ring up these products every day have no clue about them...

Ow, I think I pulled an eye muscle.

The Stupid is strong with this one.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            ...Ow, I think I pulled an eye muscle. ...
            Yes. It hurts having to reach over the top of your head to drag your eyebrows from the back of your neck!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Of course, because no company in the history of the world has ever changed the label or packaging on their products!
              Here is comparison of two soft drink companies' logos over the years.

Pepsi and Coca-Cola Logo Design Over the Past Hundred Years
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X