Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jad is going to be a challenging roleplay. He is going to be very reluctant to use his power, and always doing things he shouldn't. The good news is, he actually enjoys going places he shouldn't and doing things people think he shouldn't. Likes the challenge. More apt to use his power if told "You can't/shouldn't" then any other time.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Something I thought of that may not have been evident in the RPG book depending on how much ya read Myt.

Will be important to Role Play. In the Dresden series, depending on how powerful a practitioner is they cause complex machines near them to fritz out. The books put it as anything made after World War II tends to fail around most Wizards while smaller talents don't seem to be bothered by the phenomenon as much. With focused practitioners like ours it should be somewhere in the middle of the road. With the 3 of us together I figure it will be like having a full fledged Wizard around.

And of course Jad and Peter may or may not be aware of the phenomenon, or they may not realize they are the center of it.

Comment

I've also been thinking about an allowance on that based on some of Billy's musings in the RPG. What if a bit of it is the lack of belief? An older practitioner wouldn't trust the tech and passes it on to the apprentice. But younger unmentored practitioners might have more leeway.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
          And "Shut up, Rei." is said in basically the exact same tone as "Shut up, Nail."
          God, I'd forgotten the nipples line.

LOOK AT THEEEEEEEEEEEM!!!
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

So...door's blocked and people can see you from the road...
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Well Jad could get in *chuckles*, but convincing him he is needed might be another thing.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I got bored at work.

So I drew something.

I may re-do something like this later once I have a better idea of what everyone looks like. (Apart from Peter, he's pretty accurate.)
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That's loads better than I can draw. I approve

On a side note, I got the summer camp job. I'll be limited in my capability to post in June and July.

Comment

I approve too

Congrats on the job, Chanlin. We'll work something out for that.

Oh, and Myt, can I get a roll on how your "push" goes?
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Um ... sure if you can tell me how? (I know I roll d6 with 1-2 = + etc. Not how many to roll, or how to tell if it is good or not.

Comment

Chanlin's explanation here works for me. The +X would be your modifier.

Tell me the number and I then figure out how many shifts you generate. (That's really what I need.)
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

That is the problem, I don't know how to figure out my modifier. However, with 4df I balanced out at 0.

Comment

Note to self: consolidate character sheets for easier accessibility.

For channeling a spell (which you're basically doing), you need to decide how much power you want to put into it based on what you're doing and your Conviction. So you'll be taking one mental stress from doing this.

To find out how successful you are, it's the roll plus your Discipline. In your case, that's a Good so you'd add 3 to the roll. So you have +3 against the difficulty of opening this door.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Your skill mods Myt

+1 Alertness Deceit
                              +2 Investigation Craftsmanship
                              +3 Discipline Burglary
                              +4 Conviction, Endurance

There is a really long explanation of spell casting in the book. The short version is thus.

1: Determine the effect (attack, block, maneuver) - Maneuver is when you're doing something creative like using Earth to make yourself a lightning rod and channel electricity. Maneuvers may add to the difficulty of the roll.

2: Determine how much power your going to use. Represent this as a number. This is the target you need to hit on a Discipline roll.

3: Roll the dice, add your discipline skill. If you miss the target roll you failed to control the power of the spell and something bad happens (either backlash, or consequences. Backlash hits you, consequences hit the environment) If you hit the target number exact you succeed. Any amount over generates positive shifts.

The roll gives you your results and then the Story Teller (GM) tells us what happens.

There are all sorts of other modifiers, such as any casting implements you have or any specialties or stunts you might have, or if you spend fate to invoke one of your aspects. But the above is how it will go 90% of the time.

Comment

Argh. When I rerolled with the bonus got 3 negatives so it still balanced to zero. Don't think that is going to do it. *laughs*

((The roll is under 'mine' on the link Chanlin provided))

Comment

Working...
                                X