Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from my love of assembling things...

I'd want to put something together myself because I'm a control freak and don't trust anyone else to do it "right."

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My store now offers assembly for an extra fee of...either $10 or $25. I'm not sure if any customers have taken them up on that.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Won't somebody please think of the children
      Good use of a Simpsons quote!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've had people offer me $10-25 to put something together for them, actually. I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out (I got the cabinets I bought my fiance for his birthday together by myself), but it's hard not to laugh sometimes. The only things in our store that come pre-assembled are some of the bikes, though I think any bike can be assembled if you're willing to put in a repair ticket for it and wait 2-5 days for our vendor to come around. Anything else, and you're on your own.
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

The only thing I ever bought that was on diplay was a receiver for a surround sound system. When I bought it, I first bought one still in the box. When I got it home & set it up, the left side channels were fried. So I brought it back to the store I bought it at. I told the owner what was wrong, he set it up & heard for himself what was wrong. The only one he had left was on display, plus he knocked off $100 from it for my troubles. Needless to say I bought the rest of my stereo components from that store. In the end my stereo system cost $2500 to buy. I bought the surround speakers & the subwoofer, plus a DVD player. I payed it off in installments. 2 weeks after I finished paying off he went out of business because so-called friends of his took advantage of him & he trusted them to pay off their stuff.
          Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
            Some people have difficulty putting Tab A into Slot B - believe it or not.
            My father in law is like that. He said it took him and a friend two days to put together a wooden two drawer file cabinet. Meanwhile, in less than I day I built my bookshelves. Eight kits, using plywood for the backer, bolted to each other and the wall.
            Attached Files

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
              Some people have difficulty putting Tab A into Slot B - believe it or not.
              "That's what she s-"
              "If you say 'That's what she said' one more time, I'm gonna pop you."
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X