Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what this reminds me of? The new Star Wars MMORPG. The characters TALK about brains oozing out of noses, and what do you actually see? A few bruises, maybe. Don't want to traumatize the kiddies.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
      You know what this reminds me of? The new Star Wars MMORPG. The characters TALK about brains oozing out of noses, and what do you actually see? A few bruises, maybe. Don't want to traumatize the kiddies.
      It's the only way to sell the Kinects; most adult gamers aren't interested.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

But knowing is half the battle.

The other half is violence.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I know nothing about how to do what you do, Seraph, but even I know that you can't take a tiny image, blow it up and expect it to look good. We've tried to tell customers that for years at the paper, but they don't get it.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yep, methinks it's time for them to ditch Tiny Useless Outdated Logo and spring for a new one...designed by Seraph
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
              Yep, methinks it's time for them to ditch Tiny Useless Outdated Logo and spring for a new one...designed by Seraph
              Which the client will then demand countless silly, pointless changes to, and treat Seraph as a cursor in a graphics design program that they control by telephone, e-mail, or instant message.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

No...

The other half is half blue lasers, half red lasers.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Hmm .. take a screen shot of Ikari Warriors, put something like Wally Worlds 'mascot' over their heads?

Edit : Just because the devil made me do it..

War..what is it good for..absolutely nothing. Good god, ya'll.
                  Last edited by Mytical; 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    War..what is it good for..absolutely nothing. Good god, ya'll.
                    D: DDR FAN!! <clings>
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Charge them

My first big programming job for a business (the others before were all small less than 5000 line jobs) the company I was working for made the mistake of writing a contract that basicly did not account for revisions/additions.

I wrote the needed programs that did everything requested in the original contract but the client kept adding features/changes - insisting they did not have to pay the second half of the agreed price. It got to the point that we were losing money because of how many hours I spent making the requested changes.

It was only at that point the boss put his foot down, pointed out all the original requirements were meet and demanded payment.

From then on any contract *ALWAYS* stated that all added changes beyond the original specs were chargeable.

Comment

So...lemme get this straight.

They asked for X, Y , and Z

You gave them X, Y, and Z

And then they said that it was not what they wanted?

Once again my brain has just leaped out of my left ear and is now running around the room, yelping like a puppy that got its tail under Granny's rocking chair.
                        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

G.I. Joooooo~e

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            War.

War never changes.
                            Pure win for the quote!

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                              person in the photo facing the other way, you want to see their face, no problem
                              I'm surprised they didn't ask for this one >_>

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                              insisting they did not have to pay the second half of the agreed price. It got to the point that we were losing money because of how many hours I spent making the requested changes.
                              If revisions were unaccounted for, they're extra Besides, if their argument is that they only owe you half because THEY changed the second half, go ahead and quote them a new cost for the second half. Start somewhere around 100% of the original, "complete project" cost and go up from there ^_^

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                              G.I. Joooooo~e
                              Hey, if yer a fan (Our European posters may know it as Action Force), I strongly recommend checking out the GI Joe: Resolute animated minseries that Adult Swim did a year or three ago. It's a rather grim -- and much more badass -- take on the concept.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                                If revisions were unaccounted for, they're extra
                                Apparently a good friend of mine is starting at a company where they take that seriously (Gods, I WISH!) Change the spec after work has started, and they consider it a new contract for the full amount. For each change. Regardless of size.

Granted, they're dealing in some high-end industrial hardware, so it's a bit less fluid, but damn!
                                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                                X