This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucktastic near-miss: almost witness to a parking-lot pileup

I'm at the grocery and this just happened before my very eyes: I saw not 1, but 3 cars back out, and 2 weren't looking behind them. Somehow the 3rd extricated itself, but I watched a van back up and a sedan somehow get righted to pull forward. The crazy thing is that the van was pulling out at the exact rate of speed to match the sedan, so that the sedan didn't get hit, yet was still not looking out the back of the car. I don't care if you have mirrors; best practice--and in some states the LAW is that you have to physically turn around and look. I hate coming here on Sundays. For thoseof you who are familiar, it is of course Woodman's.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 04-23-2012, 04:52 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

It's amazing how often people take for granted that there is nothing behind them. Husband and I were walking into Walmart today and some woman in a back sedan backed out just as husband passed her carrying our 13 month old. I stopped before she could hit me, but he kept going. She paused to pantomime her apology through a clsoed window and all I could do was shrug at her.

She's damn lucky she didn't hit the husband. It would't have been a very nice conversation after that.

Comment

You know, I was re-watching Thor the other night while waiting for the Avengers to come out at the cinema, & I thought of this thread the 2nd time Thor got hit by the van...!
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I haven't seen that. I will say it's ironic that about 6 hours after this incident I got sideswiped myself. Bad day for driving.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X