This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My eye is like the Sahara

I got my nails cut down last week and they're sharper. I was taking out my contact last weekend and scraped my cornea. That was verified by the nurse at work on Thursday. She said it was almost healed. And I've never had ongoing problems with these. The last one in my other eye had bled, and yet healed in 4 days. But this eye is now so dry even though it's probably healed. I've not had problems with that before. I'm going to have to see an optometrist now because I'm afraid to put in contacts yet. But my glasses are ok, but not great for seeing. It's been a week with these. I've heard of chronic dry eye causing abrasions, but I think my abrasion is causing dry eye. ugh
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

So... do you see camels?

On the serious side, may you heal well.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      So... do you see camels?
      No, but at a furniture store in Winston/Salem she saw some Chesterfields.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Get well soon. Be extra careful next time.
        Last edited by lexamckenzie; 04-24-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Ouch! Might be necessary to use eye lubricant (no jokes you people!!) for a while.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

^Doing that. I'm really worried about it because it's so unusual, so I've made an appointment with the optometrist Wed. morning.

UPDATE: It's not allergies. My cornea is healed and looks good. There are no problems inside the eye. So it's ordinary dry eye, probably brought on by middle age. Why one eye is worse is anyone's guess, but as she said, "It can happen." I have a follow-up next Wed. My vision plan didn't cover the visit but my HSA did so I'll probably use that again if they charge me. The eyes are amazing in their self-healing ability! I'm relieved and thankful to know it's not anything more serious.
            Last edited by Food Lady; 04-27-2017, 03:55 AM.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X