Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my local Gamestop, you confuse me. To wit, at a recent visit:
    Gamestop: "Yeah, our used section is pretty much cleaned out, it'll be empty at this rate."
    Also Gamestop, stepping around a sign proclaiming "Now Trading Again": "Yeah, we're not taking in used anything right now."
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• I just ate mac & cheese out of the pot with the serving spoon. This is not the first time I've done this but it is the first time I feel like it's okay, because 2020.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        I just ate mac & cheese out of the pot with the serving spoon. This is not the first time I've done this but it is the first time I feel like it's okay, because 2020.
        We must be related ...

I have two small garden plots here but between one thing and another, I pretty much let them go. I looked out the laundry room window one day to see the one section had been completely stripped of weeds.

Also, the tenant who did that ... also ripped out a plant.

Well, that's what I get for being so dilatory. If I can have the same two sections next summer, it will be better ... because I will be working a lot less by then.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          I just ate mac & cheese out of the pot with the serving spoon. This is not the first time I've done this but it is the first time I feel like it's okay, because 2020.
          If it's just you or immediate family, why not? Not sure I see a point in dirtying up more dishes than necessary.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Is it crazy that I'm almost done with Christmas shopping at the beginning of September? The only thing I'll really need to get around early November is gift cards [going to use my credit card reward points for that this year] and around early December some scratch offs and candy. I don't need to get a lot of gifts every year and most of the time I can pick up some random things during the year that I know the ones I do get gifts for, will like.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Our new bird arrived home yesterday and seems to be settling in. We're still working on naming her.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Seanette, you have to watch this if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNECHCKWBc Birbs are so great.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  Seanette, you have to watch this if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNECHCKWBc Birbs are so great.
                  Might I also recommend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJaNDBI87s ?
                  Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                  They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• The next person to park in my (paid-for) spot in the apartment building parking lot will get either (1) towed, or (2) all four tires slashed.

Today: guy was dropping a friend off at the homeless women's shelter ... which is almost at the other end of the block!

I said "They've GOT a parking lot!"

Him: "There wasn't any room."

I keep forgetting to let people know about the large parking lot right across the street. It's not very visible and you have to drive through the parking lot of another, smaller apartment building to get to it, but ... it's there.

Normally people would be unable to park there during the summer, because it's the parking lot for a public pool but ... the pool of course has not been open this summer.

And to top it all off ... the woman who helped deal with the situation (she is one of several off-hours "go-to" people if there's an emergency is the same woman who's had to deal with these nimroads every time it has happened! And today she wasn't even on duty!
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I get mad about squatters cluttering up MY parking space, too, since I pay a monthly fee for same.

Comment

• Realized I hadn't yet updated on the subject of my newest feathery family member. Her name is Misty.

Comment

• Watching High Score.

Tween Son: Who's Richard Garriott?

Me: Dude, I don't know. He just mentioned he created Ultima.

Son: Oh! He's Lord British!

Me: ��*♀️
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Retinol is a small miracle. So is not wearing any makeup (foundation, concealer, etc., I mean.) I've been bare-faced as far as my skin for 6 months now. I seem to be aging backward since I started on the retinol at night. I wonder if I'll crumble if I give it up.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/SJ2hJezvd2I

Comment

• I will not age gracefully. I will fight it every step of the way. [/Olay]

Comment

Working...
                                X