This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent shaming from the doc

First of all, hi! I haven't posted in CS for a very very very long time. My job isn't customer facing so the stories kind of dried up.

However, I had an incident when my daughter needed surgery this last week. Poor little girl (15 mos) pulled a cup of hot tea on her arm. It was bad enough she had to had skin graft surgery. I have felt like a horrible mom despite the reassurances from many medical professionals that this happens a lot and everyone has something happen. I have received no shaming on that front, thankfully.

After the whirlwind that was the last week, it's only dawned on me in the last couple of days the sanctimommy crap I got from one of the doctors about screen time for my kid prior to her surgery. I mean, the poor kid hadn't been able to nurse, eat, or drink anything for some time. If Sesame Street was making her happy, then I have zero problems with a bit of a Grover binge.

Actual quotes:

Me: "she doesn't usually get this much screen time."
    Her: "mine gets NO screen time! Unless we're traveling."

So that airplane flight was a better excuse than skin graft surgery to do whatever it takes to keep the kid happy? Right. Whatever lady. It just makes me livid that she thought that was at all appropriate in the circumstances.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Wow, good for you, Smug and Sanctimonious Bitch.

Someday your kid(s) will run away from home and never speak to you again, and you won't have a clue why.

I grew up in a family where the bloody TV was rarely if ever off. All of us turned out fine. Two of us don't TV at all anymore.

Just roll your eyes and walk away, Cookie.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

First--ouch! and quick healing for your little one. It is very true, kids hurt themselves all the time. I know you will still feel guilty, but I'm seconding-it's not your fault.

Second, welcome to world of parents!! where all your choices are wrong and someone else is always doing it better than you! No matter what you choose!

You do you and yours, do what you feel is right and appropriate. Screw everyone else

Comment

Working...
      X