This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting "server busy" messages again

Sometimes when I go to post something or read something I get an error message saying "the server is too busy at the moment."

This had been happening some time ago, but not for a long time. Just thought I would report this in case nobody else has.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Oh, it's definitely known this time, along with the cause. And this time, we have the actual root cause of the problem. I can reproduce it.

The fix is coming very shortly. We're migrating to a new server setup, and this problem will be able to go away and stay gone. Unfortunately, the upgrades involved are taking some work to complete.

The current goal is to have everything done by the end of the month. We're on track for that, but between now and then we're going to continue to have some issues. Please just bear with us.

Comment

Ah. Well, it's certainly not like this is a live PvP server or anything-- I'm just happy that it's fixable! Besides, cooling my heels reminds me to be thankful that I have a signal... sometimes mine's so sketch that I can't even play music.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I noticed a lot of people "viewing error message" when I brought up the "Who's online" last night. Now I know what it is. I thought about doing a database repair, but I'll let you take care of it. You probably know more about these things than I do.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Depends what time you did it. About midnight UK time the server does a whole load of logging/rotation/whatever and it causes issues. It's the main reason for the move, actually.

Rapscallion

Comment

oddly enough I got that message when trying to view this thread-weird
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Been getting that message every time I try to get on here....the second or third time it usually lets me on.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

As I mentioned a few posts up, we are working on it. The problem is reproducible, the fix is a new setup. We are planning to switch to the new setup at the end of the month.

Comment

Pedersen (and any other person who is on this problem):
                  I'm fairly positive about blas and blaque, and I know for myself, that the comments are more chatter than blame or complaint-- if any of the latter two. Thank you for being a diligent site tech, and I understand completely about problems that take a bit to get fixed. I hope this isn't stressing you-- and along with that, I am not stressing you.
                  May you have Zen.

or

whichever lotus you prefer.
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                  X