Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    I like this wearing masks in public thing. No one can see my resting bitch face.
    The supermarket where I shop has an announcement over the PA system about "sharing a friendly smile" instead of shaking hands and such.

It's not required that masks be worn in this supermarket, but I wear one anyway.

Anyhow, I'm thinking, "How can we share smiles if many of our faces are covered"?

Oh, and you know what would be cool? A Bray Wyatt "Fiend" mask...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
      But the editor was nicknamed "Mr. Huggy" and believe me, it wasn't an expression of affection ... the guy was so smarmy you could get diabetes just hanging around him for any length of time. He felt everybody should go around with the type of wide toothy grin that suggests either you've ingested something interesting -- or you're morphing into Hannibal Lecter.
      Did you work for Bob from the Enzyte commercials?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Husband: I finished writing my grants! I'm going to reward myself with this video game I've been wanting.

...I need to accomplish something so I can buy Max Brooks' new book without guilt.
        Thinking face
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          ...I need to accomplish something so I can buy Max Brooks' new book without guilt.
          Thinking face
          Jennie Breeden has your cue: The Devil's Panties 06/17/2020
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

Well, Mr. Huggy sorta looked like that ... but if it was due to the same cause, I really don't wanna know about it ....
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Well, I just released a new book so I decided I'll buy the new book once mine earns enough in royalties to pay for it. Should be a couple more days.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• CW was telling how she hurt herself, and I was struggling to sound sympathetic. Now I've hurt myself in dumb ways, so I completely understand. But I always acknowledge that I did I stupid thing. If I'm telling someone what I did I use phrases like "I don't know what I was thinking" or "it was my own fault" etc.

This lady literally could not believe that she had hurt herself. She kept saying "isn't it crazy?" or "I don't know what happened!" Lady. You just told me you were using a knife to try to open something while cutting in the direction of your hand and the knife slipped. It's pretty simple. You are the reason we have stupid warning labels, because I bet you'd try to sue the knife company.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  It's pretty simple. You are the reason we have stupid warning labels, because I bet you'd try to sue the knife company.

I've always said, every warning label you see is for a reason. That's because some idiot tried to do that one thing, and managed to hurt/kill themselves in the process, causing the company to get sued over not having a warning label.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• I just realized that I'm the housing-stable person in the family. I've been in my place longer than my dad's had his current house. When my brother needs a place to crash between relationships, he sometimes ends up here. I still get his mail sometimes. My mom just sold her house and she'll be here with me in August. I'm the landing spot for the wandering family members haha. I guess I'm officially a grown-up.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Yesterday I was watching the first series of Celebrity Gogglebox on 4OD. One of the programs being covered was a documentary where a woman went to stay with a pygmy tribe in the Amazon for 5 months.

One of the facts bandied around was that the average height of a pygmy is 4' 11". That means I am officially on the short side for a pygmy at 4' 10.5". Even pygmies are taller than me.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        Even pygmies are taller than me.
                        Somewhere out there (and hopefully it never makes it to the internet), they is a picture of me (high school age), dancing with a friends girl friend. She was 4'9". In the picture, I am on my knees, I was still taller than her.
                        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                        Save the Ales!
                        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Can anyone hear a sort of squeaking noise? It's sort of coming from around the ankle area... something tiny is yapping away
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I've discovered that this apartment's acoustics are so f'ed up that even with my headphones, mom watching TV drowns out my computer audio (she has the volume way up, no solid barrier between the 'halves' of the living room and somehow sound is transmitted through the furniture and floor). So I can only do my online courses when she's not around. This one-bedroom situation stopped being "fun" about a month in.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              I've discovered that this apartment's acoustics are so f'ed up that even with my headphones, mom watching TV drowns out my computer audio (she has the volume way up, no solid barrier between the 'halves' of the living room and somehow sound is transmitted through the furniture and floor). So I can only do my online courses when she's not around. This one-bedroom situation stopped being "fun" about a month in.
                              Make her use headphones, so she can turn the volume up as far as she likes. Or get her hearing aids.

Comment

• I've been trying; she wants me to use headphones (um, I am)...and won't believe that they're not really working the way she thinks the way things are currently set up. I just know that if I buy her a pair to use with the TV it'll result in some sort of whining...thank Dog for captioning on my course videos.
                                Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-15-2020, 10:18 PM.
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X