X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
    "...fostering a child's imagination..."

Seems to me that a long time ago a whole lot of people's imaginations were fostered in order for the Bible to be written. Talk about fairy tales...

Oops. Dang those Atheist voices in my head!

Seriously, if you feel as though SNOW WHITE has the power to undermine your religion, it must not be much of a religion to begin with.
    If your convictions are solid, you should have no worries.
    RIGHT ON!!!!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Insulting religions isn't cool.

Knock it off, please.

Rapscallion

Comment

And don't mention 'Free Speech' either!
        That'll get you a quick smackdown as well!

Right, HalloranElder?
        ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Uh, I just have to nitpick here, just can't help myself! Yule is 21 Dec, the Winter Solstice. It's always amazed me how important Christian holidays show up around the ancient Pagan holidays (please, no offense is meant, just noticing).
          It's not by chance, the catholic church (back then) did that on purpose. It was custom for folks to "observe" all religious custom in those days. So it was a move by the catholic church to "prevent" practice of pagan rituals. Which I think was the first successful global marketing strategy. So I got to give them credit for that, at least

Every religion has some history they're not proud of. Every religion (including atheism) have people they wish would use a mouth gag and stay indoors. Every religion has someone who say they are and they ain't (by behavior). So please remember that and keep your anti or pro religion in PM where they belong
          Last edited by LostMyMind; 11-02-2006, 02:55 PM. Reason: correct wrong their/they're
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Er, that's enough. Anyone who wants to know why this website isn't covered by the First Amendment can PM Raps or any member of the mod team, but there will be no more discussion of it on this thread, OK?

We do NOT have religion-bashing discussions here. Any more of it and I'll shut this thread down summarily.
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

I wasn't bashing... I'm very respectful of religion, from respectful people. My parents and older are religious... good religious. 2 christians and a jew who are respectful of my beliefs as well as each other's. I just don't see why people have to do such horrible things to their kids in the name of religion.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                You just take that up with C S Lewis .
                I liked drawings of all things mechanical too when I was a child and grew up to be a bicycle mechanic so I understand you. Still, life is other things than grainelevators, there are dragons, elves, witchcraft and ancient gods too .
                You're not the only one. I was around cars from an early age. My father built a VW Beetle-based MG TD kit car when I was in preschool. Even though I couldn't do very much, other than hand him tools, it made an impression. Nearly 30 years on, cars still have me under their spell, especially old ones. I can't get excited about the new ones--to me, they don't have the same soul

As if that wasn't enough, I still remember my early visits to the train station with my mother. I remember the station being a dark and mysterious place--Penn Central and Amtrak had let the place deteriorate. However, what made the biggest impression, was the *noise*, and just how *big* everything was. Imagine being a little kid, standing next to a diesel locomotive, and trying to take it all in. Even now, I can still hear those old F40s roar!

A child's imagination is something that should be nurtured, and be given free reign. Nutjobs like that woman just piss me off. Doesnt' she realize that without imagination there would be no cars, no computers, no TV, etc? Apparently, they *want* that to happen. They *want* people to blindly believe their lies.

(I'm not trying to slam religion here folks...just the bastards who *misuse* it.)
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So...Is it a bad thing to point out there are some religions that really do deserve ridicule,derision and scorn heaped upon them? *Not unlike skinheads,klanners and the like*

Comment

Quoth Strange Magic View Post
                    So...Is it a bad thing to point out there are some religions that really do deserve ridicule,derision and scorn heaped upon them? *Not unlike skinheads,klanners and the like*
                    When we tell our members not to engage in religion-bashing, yes, it is a bad thing. We've said not to do that several times in this thread, and apparently people just aren't listening.

I think we're done here.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                    X