X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes an excellent boss.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advis...110223692.html

Absolutely positively agree with this, too bad that they are all too rare.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Wish I could share this with my last boss. He made most if not all of those mistakes.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I am happy to say that my boss gets high marks on all eight points. Unfortunately, few of the other managers score any points.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

OMG #3......

Sorry, just...never had that at work...not once in 33 years.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thank you, Mytical, for posting this link. I checked it out and am very proud to say that my boss ranks up there as not just "extraordinary", but he is phenominal! I posted the link to the article on my FB page as well.

Some of you remember my time working for the doc's office. I actually was employed by someone who I considered at that time to be my best friend although she didn't actually work in the office. She was a co-owner and her hubby was one of the 2 docs that I worked for directly. The person that was the office manager had me in tears EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN DAY! I don't know how I ever got the courage to leave, but I did. Two + years later, I'm still fighting the feeling that I'm not good enough, don't know enough, will never be anything more feelings. Not that I am any of those, but that bitch had the audacity to make me feel that way!

My current boss always makes sure we know we are appreciated/valued, encourages free thinking/new ideas, and works to ensure that not only does our work get done and get done correctly the first time, but also ensures that his employees are happy at work. An unhappy employee tends to make others unhappy, too. He realizes that if you aren't dreading coming to work, you'll actually do a good job. Very rare.

And, the best part of all---HE HAS A BACKBONE AND STANDS UP FOR US! That's another story in itself. Soon.......

Comment

Working...
          X