This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Elusive Second Job 2: The Red Bullseye

I finished my job interview at the Big Red Bullseye. So I have a second job as a cart attendant, but it's in the door and there will be other opportunities to cross train, etc. At the moment I will be trying to juggle both jobs and trying to fill my coffers just a bit more.

Congratulations!

Comment

Woot! Congrats.

Comment

Good for you.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Oh, the stories you will have....people don't realize that cart pusher A) has brakes, but doesn't stop on a dime and B) doesn't have steering.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

One of my first jobs years ago was a cart jockey for the Chopper. And that was without the little remote control robot thing that I'll be using.

I just can't wait for the people whipping carts at me from across the lot.

Comment

Once I had a lady cut me off and I almost hit her car with a line of 25 carts.

Comment

Quick update. I'm definitely earning my keep there. The supervisors love my work on the register as I've not only started selling replacement plans but I also landed a debit card application. People who regularly follow my threads may recall that I have a bit of proficiency at selling those things in two of my previous jobs.

I'm getting slightly better at using the cart pusher though there are a few things to work out. And I've been picking up extra cashier shifts, so the hours are definitely there, especially if someone else doesn't want theirs.

In other words, so far so good.

Comment

Just don't, under any circumstances, let on if you know how to do food service. They'll stick you in there forever.

Comment

I was very honest with them at the interview about not wanting or having any skill in performing food service. They appreciated my honesty.

Comment

Working...
                    X