This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    So..I called my cable/phone/internet provider..told them I needed to cancel my internet (only) as of the 1st. They said..since I've been a customer for awhile..and a good one (never a late payment)..they are going to give me my internet for free for 3 months. I let them know that it was not necessary, but they insisted..so for the next 3 months at least I guess I am covered..
    Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
    Glad to hear it, Myt. Some cable companies do have souls!
    Cable company doesn't necessarily have a soul, just a sharp accountant. If a long-term customer with a good payment history needs to drop one service due to temporary financial reasons, there's the risk that when they can afford the service again they'll go with another provider who has a slightly cheaper "3 in one" deal, and lose the other 2 services. By providing 3 months of free internet, they're insuring themselves against the risk of losing a profitable customer.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yep wolfie, and it worked. They now have a very loyal customer. While I did have a 2yr contract anyhow, it is up soon. Plan on keeping the service regardless now..so in this case they were very smart indeed.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
      X