This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you??

I got an email today advising me that I have not been shortlisted for a job and thus will not be getting an interview.

I'm not complaining ... at a time when most employers can't be bothered to respond at all if you don't make the cut, at least I've been notified.

But here's the problem: there is NO mention of the company anywhere in the email. All it mentions is the job number ...

I'll go through my paperwork and see if I can match it up with something.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

What, you mean that you haven't dedicated all of your efforts for the past six months at joining their specific company?

Oh, for shame!!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      What, you mean that you haven't dedicated all of your efforts for the past six months at joining their specific company?

Oh, for shame!!

I know, right??

Ah well ... it sounds as if I'd just be going from one lousy-communication job situation to another, if I'd gotten that job.

Called in sick today (I am genuinely not well; woke up with a scratchy sore throat) so now some other poor schmuck gets stuck with my closing shift in The Dead Zone ...

I will owe somebody bigtime.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Was that from an external agent or internal do you know?

Most companies will have some appropximation of their name as part of the senders e-mail address, if you haven't already checked that.

If it's just a name try hitting reply, that normally spells out the full address
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
          Was that from an external agent or internal do you know?

Most companies will have some appropximation of their name as part of the senders e-mail address, if you haven't already checked that.

If it's just a name try hitting reply, that normally spells out the full address
          Nope ... it appears to be from an external agent (WorkdayMyview.ca) and it's got a job number and description (Cashier-Partime-Day) and that's it.

Now I'm getting an email saying "Did you hear back form X Company?" so I'm wondering if this is them ...

Will check it out later.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            Nope ... it appears to be from an external agent (WorkdayMyview.ca) and it's got a job number and description (Cashier-Partime-Day) and that's it.

Now I'm getting an email saying "Did you hear back form X Company?" so I'm wondering if this is them ...

Will check it out later.
            Hanlon's Razor notwithstanding, this is setting off some scam alarms for me. An external agent should certainly mention the company name. It they start asking for "processing fees" or the like, that's time to go all-shields-up.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
              Hanlon's Razor notwithstanding, this is setting off some scam alarms for me. An external agent should certainly mention the company name. It they start asking for "processing fees" or the like, that's time to go all-shields-up.
              Never thought of that, Mental_Mouse!

But it just says "Sorry, but this isn't the email you were hoping for. You have not been shortlisted ..." and blah and blah and blah.

Very polite and no mention of money anywhere. If I get any kind of following asking for money, it'll go straight into the trash file.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Yesterday I got a very strange message on my cell phone. It was from a number in MO...I don't even know anybody in MO. The first two seconds was a burst of static; there was some background noise on the call that I couldn't pick up. "Hi Dreamstalker, this is X returning your call from Friday May 31 about a job opportunity." It went on to sound like a typical interview-setup call, but did not include a callback number. Or a company name for that matter.

I don't even have my cell number on LinkedIn. Very few people have it. And if I had actually called about a job while I was at work, I think I'd know it (even if I had the time, which I don't).
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X