This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sammy7s7 View Post
    Does your self check do cash? When I have $10 in change I just spend it at the store with the cash self check. If you are not hurting anything the host doesn't care.
    I do that too, especially if I have a lot of pennies, nickels and dimes. Lessens the weight in my purse, and the store can certainly use the change more than I can!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Back when toll booths use to take pennies, my brother kept a bag of them in the car. Grab a handful and toss them in the toll basket. If the light didn't turn green, toss in another handful.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Is it really worth having cash in hand if that $10 in loose change turns out to be slightly less than $9 once the fees are taken out?
        For some people the $9 is bus fare or dinner.
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          … does that mean that my adorable rendering having given Mr.Lincoln vampire teeth, glasses and a comic moustache would get me into trouble....
          Don’t forget to give him a more impressive Dumbledore-ish beard too.
          Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

At my old job, I was the only one who knew how to unjam the Coinstar/only one who wanted to do it. Manager let me claim anything I wanted from the reject jar; the Coinstar rep would just throw it all out when he emptied the machine anyway.

Among the things I found was a souvenir NYC penny with the Twin Towers skyline. I looked that up and there were only two penny machines with that design; one was at a service plaza on the Thruway and the other was in one of the towers.

Also found some foreign coins for my collection, a couple ounces of silver coins (US and otherwise), a few antique-looking random pins and a men's gold ring missing the stone. I threw the ring in my "junk box" for a few months because I thought it was plated (who would throw out gold right?), then decided to take it with some scrap gold to sell. That ring base turned out to be worth $200.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X