This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Associates can't talk "ghetto"?

Okay so I work at Publix as a cashier and it's okay. I'm 25 yrs. old a young black woman who questions everything but in for "Why?" and "Becuase?" way. Well, a few days ago Saturday a customer called that when she came in the store and complained about some black associates were talking , these were her words, n*gger talk,. Okay I do not know who the office staff was who took the complaint but I sure as Hell would've told that use of such language was unneccesary. If this lady, and I use the term lady loosly, was so mad she should've as moms say "used her words". That's not even the kicker I had gotten off work I guess hours befire this happened or something. Cassandra and the other young black kids 16-17 told me the assistant(sp) store mamanger called all the young black kids that worked that day into his office and told them they could not talk ghetto, I feel speak slang would've been a better pharse. He said that a customer called; to complain and said "That some young black males that were baggers were using ni*gger talk." WTF? Now people critisize me for talking "white", don't even ask me what that is but wtf? Seriously there are a ton of people that speak their mind and my manager is a nice guy but I don't think approached this situation right at all even though his been with Publix for over 30 years. I'm pretty pissed b/c the womans compalint was about how they spoke b/c they said "Wuzzup dog". Okay to make matters worse he actually siad what words we shouldn't say. I honsetly though maybe it was b/c sometimes associates curse, you know words slip out. Seriously if it had been adults and not teenagers he'd had to talk to it would've been different.

This thread can be moved to "Morons in Managment."
    Last edited by Fairysprinkles; 08-21-2006, 06:54 AM.

The customer that complained is probably just a bitchy racist who though those baggers where plotting to steal her stupid food or something. Damn woman.

Comment

It's one thing to speak to customers in an overly familiar way, but to speak to your friends using slang (as long as language is appropriate for public use) then what does that hag care? She was eavesdropping.

Comment

This lady didn't happen to be a Girl Scout leader, did she?
        free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
          This lady didn't happen to be a Girl Scout leader, did she?
          Oh no....

Comment

Seriously if the woman had said "Oh the baggers were cursing" or something it would've made sense but I believe this same "lady" complianed about the same young men when the guys were at the deli waiting in line. She had heard them speaking to each other and complained to the manager that they were cursing even though other associates said that the boys weren't cursing.

Comment

It wouldn't be suprising at all if the woman was a liar. A lot of customers seem to enjoy the feeling of power they think they have over employees.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I had to read the original post a few times before I got it.
                Maybe it was hard to read or i'm suffering from lack of sleep, lol.

Anyway, I don't really know what ghetto speak is to be honest... But I don't see how it was any of that woman's business. She wasn't treated badly in any way from what I read, so what's the big deal?
                She's obviously just racist.
                I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
                another time, this world would fade away
                To find true love, is like no other joy,
                our choice is here
                be happy for today

Comment

Around here, "ghetto speak" has the word "fuck" inserted in various places inside a sentence. Not just one instance of that word, but multiple times
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ghetto talk is hacked words and alot of cussing. Very much like hick talk.
                    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
                      Ghetto talk is hacked words and alot of cussing. Very much like hick talk.
                      Nah, "hick talk" is all about pickup trucks and various farm animals...

Comment

Honestly, I can't tell if there is alot of cursing in ghetto talk around here, because it seems as if they are trying to eliminate all consonants from the words. All drawn out vowels, and no discernable syllables. I honestly don't understand a lick of it.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Nah, "hick talk" is all about pickup trucks and various farm animals...
                          I didn't say it was the same, just very much alike. Hacking up words, while hick hack differently than ghetto. It's the same idea Both have the same "add" cuss words or two for every sentence.

Everybody talks about different subjects. I'd watch 3 guys (they did it for "fun") did hick talk about D&D. Now that was funny to hear.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
                            I didn't say it was the same, just very much alike.
                            I know. I was just being a smartass

Comment

We need a smiley showing an ass and graduation hat

Comment

Working...
                              X