View Single Post

Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Support Monkey

In a small office in Chiago a light burns brightly as Emmett Jager reviews his personal notes from an old case. Lord knows he needed something to get his mind of the usual string "My Spouse is a lousy bastard" cases, at least they paid the bills. Besides, there was something that had been nagging at him ever since finishing that he hadn't quite been able to puzzle out.

The case had started like any other, a child was missing, distraught parents came in person to plead with him since the police wouldn't take it before 48 hours. EJ had guessed rightly that the father wasn't her bio dad. It had been refreshing, and the reason he took the case, to see the step-father as equally distraught as the kid's real mom. As it turned out the kid had run away because she had been raped by a fellow student and was too embarrassed to tell anyone about it. EJ had helped the parents get in touch with a friend of his at the Chicago PD so they could file formal charges. Over the course of the case it came out that the kid had a ring that was important to the father as well. That ring was still missing, and something about the circumstances nagged in the back of his mind.

When the bell over his office door signaled a visitor he didn't look up. "Sorry, I'm not taking any new cases tonight, if you come back in the morning, or leave some contact info I will call you."