This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I abscond with a douchebag's food

Felt the need for some cheep calories and hit up the drive through of everyone's favorite giant bell, ordered my food and pulled forward.

As I sat there, the car in front of me paid then received their food, but then confrontation was evident, as the car rocked with the driver's rage before they ejected their food bag back into the drive thru window and peeled out of the parking lot.

I pull up and see a very frazzled looking Drive Thru Lady

DTL: That'll be x.xx, would you like to donate a dollar to xxx charity?

Normally I'm apt to decline these as I find it to be rather tasteless to force minimum wagers to beg for money. However, the lady looked like she could use a little positive attitude directed her way, and I had the money, anyway.

Me: Sure, I'd love to

DTL: *looking surprised* Oh! Thank you! Uhm, your order will be a moment, is that okay?

Me: Yep, no problem. *giving her a kind smile*

DTL: You're the nicest person I've seen today, would you like the guy ahead of you's order? The doucebag threw it at me after ranting about the donation thing.

Me: Sure!

The burritos were a little smooshed from their manhandling, but I got two burrito supremes and a soft taco and the douchebag got extra wear on their tires.

AWESOME! So you got food that the guy refused, after paying for it, because he didn't want to make a donation? Wow... Though, I wonder if he came back and claimed 'THEY' never gave him his order? Hope they have cameras!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

That was nice.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Pojodan View Post
        As I sat there, the car in front of me paid then received their food, but then confrontation was evident, as the car rocked with the driver's rage before they ejected their food bag back into the drive thru window and peeled out of the parking lot.
        Quoth LillFilly View Post
        AWESOME! So you got food that the guy refused, after paying for it, because he didn't want to make a donation? Wow... Though, I wonder if he came back and claimed 'THEY' never gave him his order? Hope they have cameras!
        That's if they don't find him dead in his car somewhere on the side of the road. Reacting like that, he's going to give himself a stroke!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Geez, guy! A simple "no thanks" would've suffied.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

A no or no thanks would've sufficed....all that ranting and raving over something so trivial. Idiot.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That guy was nuts. I hate being asked about donations at every store I go to but I just either say no or make a small donation when it fits my budget. How hard is that?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                That guy was nuts. I hate being asked about donations at every store I go to but I just either say no or make a small donation when it fits my budget. How hard is that?
                Yeah, no kidding. Sometimes they even give you a surprise like a voucher or a treat for doing so, too!

Although I've never been given a complete free order from it, though. Your generosity really paid off.
                Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                Fiancee: What?!
                Me: Nevermind.

Comment

That's great! I'm sure you made Drive Thru Lady's night, too
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X