Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A community radio station with all volunteer DJs.

Kara can run the prison full of punographers.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My guitar and I could use a venue. Jester's Bar, maybe?
      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Kara can run the prison full of punographers.
        If Punography is a crime, Seraph and I would be the inmates there. I certainly wouldn't want us to be...

Pun-ished.

As for my business? A long-gone tradition of my childhood. A pizza buffet with a jukebox and a full-sized arcade where all the games only cost one quarter to play.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

My proposals for this town: Awesome restaurants

- An Irish one that serves fish 'n' chips, beef and Guinness stew, colcannon, and, of course, soda bread.

- A Venezuelan one with empanadas, arepas, arroz con gandules, Venezuelan potato salad, and your choice of, among other things, either Malta or Frescolita.

- A burger place, preferably one like on the game Sim Town where the building is in the shape of burger with a big smiley face on it.

- A reallyreallyreally good pizza place. One with separate menus: One people who like their pies with frills and fancy toppings and one for people who think a simple pizza Margherita is the best thing on this planet.

And, of course, all of these places would have the same set of rules:

1) No yelling at the staff.

2) No waiting until *after* your food is brought out to say "Oh, actually, I wanted *such and such*". You will eat what you ordered and like it, or you may possibly end up wearing it.

3) If you have a food allergy or some other kind of dietary requirement/preference, let your server know before you order; not when you're already halfway through a taco with extra guacamole and you're allergic to avocados.

4) There will be no eating your entire entree, claiming you didn't like it, and demanding compensation. If you order something, taste it, and something is genuinely wrong with it, make it known. If you order something, taste it, and find nothing wrong with it but complain anyway, the only thing you will receive is a complimentary 'GTFO'.

5) If you bring children into the restaurant, you will be expected to keep them under supervision at all times. Neither the servers, the host/hostess, the chefs, nor the manager are babysitters and, if you expect them to be, that costs extra plus a few liability waivers.

As for a business of my own...every city needs a decent theatre scene. And mine would be like the Denver Center: 5 theatres all within spitting distance of each other, each one specializing in a different form of stage performance. There would be an afternoon matinee on weekends, as well as evening shows. Certain shows, depending on their level of violence, strong language, etc, would not be available at the mostly-for-parents-to-bring-their-kids matinees. Thus, if someone wants to see something like Avenue Q, Full Monty, or Rent, they'd have to come to the evening show and leave the kidlets at home. Besides, from my experience the evening shows tend to let out way past bedtime for most kiddies.
          Last edited by firecat88; 03-14-2012, 04:35 PM.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

We also need a drugstore to have cheap perscriptions and some other stuff that you can get. Cashiers are always willing to help. And the lines never stay long. And its closed through the holidays. If its a total emergency, the hospital should have at least enough for a days worth of perscriptions.

Comment

I'd be glad to host a jewelry/craft shop. Get some classes going, and share the space with some other CS artists! And if anyone decides to whine about the prices, we'll be glad to tell them where to stick it. Maybe hold some contests every once in a while to get publicity as well, or even an arts festival.
              My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

I'd be glad to help out where needed. IT Help Support or retail cashier/loss prevention work.

When I'm not being the local Pedestrian of the Apocalypse, anyway.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"Treasure's Cottage" - an old fashioned homeopathic-apothecary

All herbs/flowers/plants etc will be grown on-site and gathered according to proper moon cycles for best benefit, to be made into tinctures, teas, "potions", poultices, ointments etc.

also a bit of an "odd & ends" type shop -with things such as incense, candles, seedlings, items for blessing one's home.

I would also live above the store; there will be a staircase that is hidden behind a "closet" door that leads to my private home.
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Aww, I wanna move here now...
                    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Sports Bar

A floor for each sport, depending on season.

Have enough televisions to watch each game. Take requests on other sports to watch, like New Zealand Rugby.

Beers from all over the world would be on tap and really good bar food.
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                        If Punography is a crime, Seraph and I would be the inmates there. I certainly wouldn't want us to be...

Pun-ished.

As for my business? A long-gone tradition of my childhood. A pizza buffet with a jukebox and a full-sized arcade where all the games only cost one quarter to play.
                        We could run for office, we'd be great pun-dits.
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          We could run for office, we'd be great pun-dits.
                          I've opened Pundora's box!
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

iether a swedish resturant or a game store, though the resturant is really starting to sound temting, hmmm, might have to find a way to combine the two

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                              I think we'd have an artist's section where everyone can have thier own shop/studio.
                              Quoth Amusement Gal View Post
                              Maybe hold some contests every once in a while to get publicity as well, or even an arts festival.
                              I'll be on the committee for those.

And I am so totally running the local art gallery. Free admission and all.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Karaoke bars. This irks me
                                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                                X