This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Plaidman.
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

• Here's another FB update from his family, when someone asked where to send condolences and flowers - just for anyone who is interested:

A donation in his name to Children's Tumor Foundation would always be welcomed.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• RIP Plaidman. Condolences to his family, friends, and cat.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

• Lupo told me about this this morning and I still don't have words. Here's to hoping that he found the peace he always wanted.

Comment

• I am shocked to hear this. I am so sorry he was suffering and didn't feel that he could reach out. I hope he is in a happier place, my heart goes out to his family.
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• So terribly sad. I didn't know Plaidman but he obviously had a big impact on a lot of people. My deepest condolences go out to all his family and friends. Rest in peace, Plaidman
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I'm devastated. I've been crying every time I picture his face, since I found out this afternoon. He looked different than others, but his face was a sweet sight to me. He was my friend. He was a precious soul to me. And I am more heartbroken than I have ever been.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I didn't know him very well, but I'm sorry to hear of his passing. RIP Plaidman, may your soul find rest.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• I've been trying to digest this all day. While we never met in person, I do think of Plaidman as a friend. I hope he has finally found the peace he was looking for.

RIP, Plaidman. You are already missed.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

• I just feel so sad. He cared for others and had so much love in him.

RIP Plaidman. Fly high, be free.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• Gonna weigh in one more time. I was hit very hard by this, and I never even got to meet him in person. But he was always there for me over the years. I used to be so absorbed in my problems that I dragged everyone around me down with me. I've since learned there are better ways to deal with things, and I've found how wonderful it can make you feel to reach out to someone in need, even if it's just a few kind words or a shoulder to cry on. He contributed to that, and I will continue to reach out to others in honor of his memory.

When I got to work, a few coworkers who saw my update on FB offered me their condolences. When I got to my post, thankfully isolated from everyone else in a tower, I broke down and cried. I bawled. I sobbed. I cried until it hurt and then I cried some more. I think it was almost a solid hour, and kept getting choked up for a few hours after that. And that's when I could think of the pictures I'd seen of him and the kind words he'd shared with me, and smile instead of cry.

I know I mentioned it before, but I've been coming back to this in my mind all day. A selfless, kind, and wonderful man once told me, "You are loved." He was right. You mean something to someone out there. Never forget that fact.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• He had such a huge heart and kind soul.

I pray his journey is easy and that his soul returns to a kinder world.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

• A toast for an absent friend: To all the posts we shared, and to all the ones we thought of posting and didn't. To the instant messages bringing cheer, and to the times we didn't want to bother anyone. To the times we had, and the times we didn't: I wish there had been more of the first. You are missed.

"Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• Dear lord...

I didn't know him at all, just through the occasional conversation here.

I just knew that he was a kind person who tried to make others here feel welcome.

I didn't know him, but I will miss him.

I'm sad he's gone, but I hope he's found peace.
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• And again, fuck. I am burying far too many friends, and I am sick of this.

I don't know what happened, but sadly, when I saw a friend post about this on facebook without naming names, I immediately thought of Plaid. I was sad, upset, and downright mad as a hornet when I got here and found out I was all too correct.

Damn it. This makes me want to smack Plaid upside the head. Again.

Dude. Fuck.

Well this is a rarity. *I* have no words.

I do know I'll miss his occasional random texts appearing on my phone. I never knew what he was going to be saying or asking about, but it almost always gave me a chuckle or a smile, or made me think. He asked me for advice a lot, and I was always happy to give it. Just wish I could have given more, or he could have asked more. Or whatever. I'm just rambling at this point. Sue me.

Cue The Doors: "Can you picture what will be....so limitless and free. Desperately in need....of some....stranger's hand. In a....desperate land."

First musical passage that came to mind. Somehow to me, it's very fitting.

Okay, I think I'll stop rambling now. Except for this:

Quoth monolayth View Post
                                If you are feeling even remotely like this is a possibility for you please talk to someone.
                                Quoth Mikkel View Post
                                That's what scares me most just now.
                                So many members here are depressed or have difficulties which could make anybody suicidal.
                                Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
                                I wish he had called me....
                                Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                                I'd like to remind everyone that we do not yet have all of the details and do NOT know what happened for sure. Until we do, it would be best to refrain from speculation or drawing conclusions based on Google searches or comments from Facebook.
                                I am not going to speculate on what happened with Plaid. I'll wait for the details as and if they become available.

But whether or not the rumors and speculation are true or completely unfounded does not change what I'm about to say. Which is this:

I have lost more than one friend to suicide. I am sick to fucking death of it. And I don't want to see any more good people check out just because they feel there is no other way. There is always another way.

If any of our members ever feel like this, EVER, please call me. Many members have my number (just ask around), and I will gladly PM it to anyone who feels they may need it one day, or anyone who is feeling low. I check CS.com daily, sometimes many times daily, and I WILL get back to anyone who wants someone to talk to.

Yes, I can be an opinionated asshole. I also have more of an understanding of depression than a lot of people know, as well as an ability to listen and counsel. I do work, of course, but I will get back to anyone who needs to talk as soon as possible. Just PM me with your number and when is a good time to call, and I will call you. Or if you just want my number for later or another time or whatever, just ask for it.

I am here for all of you. Always. Even if it's just for you to yell at me for being such an asshole, if that makes you feel better.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X