This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Puzzle Thread Game

I have decided to bring back the puzzle thread from the old boards. It's going to work a little differently this time, though.

The first poster to solve the current puzzle correctly gets to choose the next puzzle. Have fun.

Puzzle Question: What do some people do at their jobs that you should never do on a babysitting job?
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
    Puzzle Question: What do some people do at their jobs that you should never do on a babysitting job?
    Probably not the correct question, but as a bartender I'll say: do shots.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Walk out in the middle of a shift?
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

They punch in.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Congratulations, HYHYBT. You got the right answer so you get to do the next puzzle.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

I was joking, and don't have anything ready... can I pass to Broomjockey?

(I do sort of have a puzzle, but no answer, which is why it's a puzzle but also why it wouldn't work for this)
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
              I was joking, and don't have anything ready... can I pass to Broomjockey?
              In that case, it's fine. Broomjockey, you get to do the next puzzle.
              My Fanfic Page
              My Fiction Page
              My Social Group
              My Pet Social Group
              My You Tube Channel

Comment

Nuh-uh. You can't just pass it off like that. Them's shirking your duties! We don't hold with that's around here!

(Actually, I'm just not clear on the "puzzle" bit. That seemed more a riddle where you could come up with multiple answers. I'd like another example to see if I can catch on)
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Yeah maybe you should explain it a little better.
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

In the meantime, I'll go ahead and post my (so far) answerless puzzle: is there some sort of adapter, or series of adapters, that will let me connect my laptop (DVI out only) to an analog TV (cable and RCA-plug video in only) and, if so, where could I find it/them? Radio Shack is no help.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                      is there some sort of adapter, or series of adapters, that will let me connect my laptop (DVI out only) to an analog TV (cable and RCA-plug video in only) and, if so, where could I find it/them? Radio Shack is no help.

Wouldn't a DVI to Component Video Cable work? I'm not picturing the problem, I guess.

*edit: If I'm right, I'll post a riddle..
                      Last edited by r2cagle; 01-06-2010, 08:46 PM.
                      Make a list of important things to do today.
                      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I'd forgotten about this thread... does component video work for old-fashioned, non-HD TV's? Can component video be readily converted to the kind that only has one plug?

Comment

I'm not an expert by any means and I have weak google-fu. But wouldn't it be easier if you can't find the cable adapter you need for computer to tv, to just get a cheap vcr or dvd player and connect to the tv through that? When all else fails, step back and punt in the other direction. lol
                          Make a list of important things to do today.
                          At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                          Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I'm not sure I understand; I have a VCR and a DVD player, and they're no help. Both connect via three RCA plugs: Left audio, Right audio, and Video. The TV has the same. The computer has only DVI. I also have adapters for DVI-to-VGA and S-Video to RCA.

I *have* found exactly one adapter online to do what I want, but it specifically says it only works on G5 Power Macs.

Comment

Working...
                            X