This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SC That Wasn't There

Forgot about this one from last night, but about 40 minutes before I clocked out last night, I got paged to the service desk, and was told a customer had called from the parking lot in need of assistance. I assume she needed me to bring her a Mart Cart, which I had no problem with...but did I mention it was full dark and PISSING down rain, replete with thunder & lightning flashes, and that this woman didn't give me any idea as to her specific location (other than "the bakery side" of the store)? I threw on a raincoat and wandered around for a few minutes, looking into each car I passed to see if I could spot a woman who looked in need of assistance before I said, "Screw it", and came in. She never called back during the remaining half-hour of my shift (of course, the service desk closed a few minutes after her call, so if she did, I don't know where it would have been re-routed), so I have no idea what happened to her, if she was even there to begin with. Jesus, lady, if you needed a Mart Cart, the least you could have done was honked or flashed your headlights, or something!

Whatsa matter, did the lightning short out your ESP ... ?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Rain tends to dampen out certain ESP signals. Also shorted out his give-a-sheets.

Comment

Yesterday, upon the stair,
        I met a man who wasn't there!
        He wasn't there again today,
        Oh how I wish he'd go away!
        (From "Antigonish" by William Hughes Mearns.)
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I got yelled at by a customer who wasn't where he was supposed to be. I got paged for assistance, and I went to the aisle where I had been paged to, and nobody was there. I waited around for five minutes, checked around close to the area, and then gave up and went back to what I was working on.

About 10 minutes later when I was back to what I had been working on before the page, some guy walked up to me and started ranting about how someone was supposed to help him but no one showed up. I explained that I went to where I had been paged, and no one was there, but he didn't want to hear it. I guess I was supposed to wait all day for him, and that there were no other customers in the store and no other work to be done. I asked him what he needed help with, and he just said to forget it and stormed off.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
          X