This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the ones in my area are now closed
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I was thinking about going yesterday, I think. I don't think it's sunk in that I won't be able to go in there to get Payless shoes. Well, I won't be able to go anywhere for those.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Huh? There's still a Payless in my town; I picked up dinner the other day from the restaurant that's right next to it!
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          Huh? There's still a Payless in my town; I picked up dinner the other day from the restaurant that's right next to it!
          Yep, Payless is going going gong! My kids little sister has a work scholarship from them that's evaporated.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What, really? *googles* Oh wow, they are. I hardly ever shopped at Payless but that's still rather sad.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              I was thinking about going yesterday, I think. I don't think it's sunk in that I won't be able to go in there to get Payless shoes. Well, I won't be able to go anywhere for those.
              Payless does have stand alone stores outside of the Swamp/. I know of 2 in my area one in a strip mall in front of WM and one in the local Mall. If you are where I think you are try the BIG mall in town
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'm in right now. Virtually nothing left in Payless. The store isn't too messy. I'm surprised.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The two Payless stores in my city are closed up and as many of their fixtures as possible were sold. I'm a bit sad because I got most of my shoes from there, and now I have to find another place to get them that won't break the bank :/

Comment

My experience with that store is quite old now, but I remember that everything I bought from there fell apart in pretty short order. That's why I stopped going; I figured out that I was paying more from having to buy cheap products multiple times.
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

The swamp has been closed for two weeks now. Optical is still operating out of the building.

I drove past there yesterday, and the side of the store, where trucks used to drive through and make deliveries, is completely filled with trash. Haphazardly-piled trash. Cardboard bales, plastic bales, discarded fixtures and probably other kinds of garbage, all shoved into a pile spilling out into the driveway. Bet the disposal company's bill is yet another one the company wasn't paying.

So I imagine all that stuff will become the city's problem once it starts blowing out into the neighborhood. Or somebody sets it on fire.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

All the ones that closed around here look the same as that. I'm betting they just don't care because there is nothing left for the cities to try and get to pay for it all.

Comment

Saw this on Reddit. Relevant to this thread.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Probably looking for people to work a few weeks to sell all the remaining merchandise and tear down all the fixtures. I imagine the liquidation announcement prompted many employees to GTFO right away.

I saw postings on Indeed advertising "friends and family seasonal opportunities" for my store before it closed. The job description was verbatim from their Christmas postings last year.

Liquidation is supposed to be finished next month.
                            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 05-07-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Apropos of nothing, today is the last day of operations for the remaining clearance swamp stores.

The mess behind the now-shuttered store I used to work at has been cleaned up, and I believe the optical is now in the process of being moved to a new space.

Comment

Former clearance swamp employees are still being stiffed on severance pay, and now a U.S Senator is demanding answers.

Very happy to see she's doing this. Also the guy in the black shirt is a former co-worker of mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X