Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap! She sure had a LOT of work done! But that's not the shocking part. The shocking part is she KNEW she was getting work done. Why the hell would she order a custom dress when she knew her body was going to change THAT much? Words cannot describe how insane this is.

Comment

Number 1) I'm sorry.

Number 2) She wins the Dumbbunny of the Day award.

Number 3) Welcome to the forums.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

You, sir, are awsome
        I echo this All that creativity in one package!

That customer was a world class idiot. I agree you might want to get a cashier's check instead - if it's charged on the credit card they can dispute it.

Oh and welcome to the forums. Fire sale on cookies, right this way --->
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Welcome to the board!

That is really abysmal. How did she think she'd be able to get that sort of change past you? Costume makers literally stare at people's bodies for a living. And the fact that she was creeping on you during the measuring process...ew.

Seriously, I hope this doesn't discourage you from doing more costumes. Just encourages you to add sign-offs for all measurements. *smile*

Comment

Blah. So I spoke to "The Husband" today.

He was extraordinarily apologetic for her behavior and has agreed to pay the rest of the first dress and the construction of the next dress. He has also agreed to be present for the rest of the sloper fittings and final fittings the next dress.

"The Husband" is actually.. astonishingly nice. Like, the kind of nice where you want to pat his shoulder and go "Dude, you can do better than HER." Really, I think I could be friends with "The Husband" if it wasn't for his wife.

I think I need to make myself something fun before I start on the next dress. She wants it done before Halloween which... considering I've done most of the patterning, just means the beading and lacing will be the most time consuming. Though I also wanted to make myself something epic for Halloween because Halloween goes on during NecronomiCon this year... ah well.

Bills first.

Anyways, thank you all for the support on this one. I'm definitely going to hang around this forum.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              So, we have Customer Standard Time and now... Customer Standard...er...Measurements?
              What I can't help but wonder: What happened to her normal wardrobe during that interval?

Comment

How the heck did you keep your brain from breaking when all of that happened? 'cause I think my brain just broke trying to figure out the logistics of it. I... I just... Why get your (general) measurements taken and an expensive dress made to those measurements if you know for sure, for damn sure! that they're going to change?! I mean... it's not like those procedures happened on whim...planning went into having those surgeries done just like planning went into the dress that you made! Gaaaaaaaaah. My brain is broken.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Now, now, XC. You know SC's are impervious to logic...and common sense (which will be redefined as a superpower in our lifetime).
                  You mean I'm a superhero?! COOL!

FB, I sure hope you can make yourself something really, really nice to make up for putting up with her stupidity and suckitude.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Welcome to the forums, your skill set is impressive.

Honestly, I've considered doing commission work but stories like yours scare me away every single time.

This was one of those SCs where logic is totally lacking. She was thinking that tailors can do anything with a garment and no matter how the person changes, they can make it fit.

This is the mark of someone who does NOT understand how thinks work.

As for how she ended up with such a nice, sane Husband...my guess is she puts out for him whenever he wants it.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

.... >_>

Where do you live? I need a dress for my wedding (I'm short, curves in the right places, and can never find something that fits. Also doing a themed wedding so custom is likely going to be needed.) and knowing someone local with that kind of skill set would be AWESOME.

If that other dress is paid for... what are you going to do with it? :general curiosity: I mean I'm assuming you will pull the beeding for the new dress or is that too time consuming?
                      Last edited by HiddenMica; 09-25-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I've read your story and the comments from all the others and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that that woman really thought noone would notice the work done, because sssshhh, if you don't tell, they won't see it. Kind of like playing peekaboo with a one-year-old.
                        Still speechless, but I still have enough words to say that I greatly admire your skillset, especially as it's something I could never do and hubby is active in a field where I know what that kind of custom made things can cost. Also congratulations on your willpower for not strangling her right there and then. :-)
                        “If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”
                        ― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Comment

In Florida.

Comment

I have dabbled in sewing in my younger days, I rather enjoyed it. Sadly, I have neither the time nor the finger dexterity to sew for any length of time.

I also will agree that you are awesome. I also hate the fact that we live in a world where you have to ask for 75% up front. Who in their right minds would commission a work without paying for it (oh right, forgot about customers).
                            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

First, welcome to We're a friendly bunch here, you just have to get used our tendency to pun at the drop of a typo.

In all seriousness, the woman pays out what must have been thousands to change her appearance to make it look "better" (I'll leave my rant on unnecessary plastic surgery on the shelf) then expects no-one to notice? What's the point of it then?

I won't go into the idiocy of not telling the tailor making the incredibly expensive custom-made dress, as much more eloquent authors have got there before me.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I'm doing the opposite, losing a lot of weight.

We were planning a big white vow renewal (got married in street clothes at the registry office due to tight funds) And we have postponed our plans because *gasp* there's no way we can get me a dress that we know i'll fit into or that could be altered enough if i lost too much/not enough weight before the big day!

Hell, i've been doing it for less than 2 months and already i'm down one dress size.

Common sense, it ain't so common.

Comment

Working...
                                X