Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inconvenient truths for the stupid person in charge of the HOA.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Bob loves us. When I checked on him last night he had 10 tomatoes growing. The largest is about 2.5 to 3 inches across.

I thought he was a cherry tomato!
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Never heard of black cap bushes. I tried to Google it and it gave me the Bush Blackcap, a cute little bird, but probably not what you had in mind.
      Sorry, looks like that's a local name for them. I hit up Wikipedia and looks like what the people in my hometown called black caps are usually called black raspberries.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Is it at all possible to grow a blackberry bush without it taking over the place like Audrey II? In a large pot, perhaps?
        Mom says that you can trellis them to keep the runners off the ground to keep them from spreading.
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
          Mom says that you can trellis them to keep the runners off the ground to keep them from spreading.
          I disagree on the blackberries. There is a huge ass master root that spreads out and finds little spots to send up canes. In our yard, there is a blackberry patch on top of an old log. That log is a good 60' from the flowers I planted. When I weeded/cleaned out the flower bed, I found a master root the size of a broomstick.
          Yeah. That's why there were so many blackberry 'attempts' in that garden.

I think the blackberry roots have GPS for easy to grow spots.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

RK, your yard is effing amazing. I am so envious I'm greener than your thumb.

Blackberry bushes freak me out a bit. I totaled my mom's car when I was 17 when I blew a tire, went off the road, and ran into a blackberry bush. The car only went into the bush about six inches and stopped dead. The front end was bent under and the suspension went into the engine. Blackberry bushes should be the first line of defense if you're a survivalist.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Thanks you!

Yeah, blackberries are more or less Mother Nature's razor wire. And they are a bitch to remove.

Alas, all my azaleas are now bloomed out. It's been so warm here so early, they were actually gone by Easter, which was a shame. I now have primroses and some other stuff.

I should go take a new pic.

Comment

Working...
              X