Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone else geeky enough to go to The Avengers last night at the midnight showing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loki has GOT to be my new favorite villain. I mean, some of the creepy smiles he gives are downright 'Hannibal Lecter' in my opinion. Hawkkeye has got to be one of my favorites now too. But Stark just steals so many scenes! You never know what's going to come out of that guy's mouth!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Saw a subtitled show today. I loved it. Very, very good. Some very funny bits.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Alas, all the local theaters are showing it 3d only, which means I won't be able to see it in the theater.

On plus side, when it comes out on dvd, I can enjoy it at home, with my preferred snacks, and no annoying people who will talk through it.

Comment

Went last night instead of Friday night. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Certainly was one of the funniest of the Marvel movies. Also, Mark Ruffalo must now play Bruce Banner for all eternity.

Comment

Yeah, Ruffalo was great..he was by far the best Bruce Banner I've seen.
            Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Went to see it again last night. Its amazing the things you miss the first time throug..

though this time I finally watched all through the credits....and OMG *spoiler*thanos*spoiler* looks EPIC!!!

and if I read correctly the "villian" from Iron Man 3 will be the Mandarin.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth kansasgal View Post
                I especially love it when he turns into a big green hulking monster that smashes everything in its path.

I kid! I kid! He is sexy though :eyewag: (Ruffalo, not the Hulk >.>)
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Came out here two Thursdays back, so I dragged a chum to the 10pm showing on Monday after that. Later finish than usual for both of us, but even though chum wasn't familiar with the universe she laughed out loud at several bits.

Hulk/Loki - nearly pissed myself laughing. Hulk/Thor - damn, that was excellent.

Since it was stupidly late I didn't stay until the end of the credits, but I'm going to go again.

Rapscallion

Comment

Marvel Studios have announced Avengers 2, Cap A 2, Iron Man 3 and Thor 2.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

*does happy dance* Hubby and I are going tonight. VIP theater. No kids and beer. Els happy girl.
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                        A couple of co-workers are going to see this movie this week, I told one of them that it was one of the better movies I've seen since both parts to Deathly Hallows. If I didn't have to work both jobs on the day they're going, I'd ask to join them.
                        Deathly Hallows sucked, especially part I.

The Avengers movie is the best of the current run of Marvel movies yet. It brought together elements from the Hulk movies, Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America perfectly. I can't wait to see Iron Man 3 and Thor 2, and of course Avengers 2.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Must see again.
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I just remembered something else from this movie that, had it not slipped my mind, would have ranked as a high moment.

Highlight below, though not much of a spoiler...

"I get it... I got that reference." *looks proud*

Comment

I just saw it today. My brother-in-law insisted that my parents, sister, and I, not watch it until he got to town. I've never seen a movie with so many awesome, brilliantly funny one-liners.

Hulk/Thor made me (and half the audience) laugh so hard that it took several minutes for people (myself included) to calm down.

Hulk/Loki, though, caused the entire audience to lose it. Best. Scene. Ever.
                              Last edited by firecat88; 05-12-2012, 04:24 AM.
                              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Did not go to the midnight version for one very simple reason: they don't do midnight shows in Key West, sadly. Gods, I miss midnight movies. Utterly killer. Also, very few kids. Teenagers, sure, but rarely actual KIDS. Ah, well. I still live on a tropical island where bars are open till four and I can see girls walking around in bikinis eleven and a half months out of the year...so life doesn't completely suck due to the lack of midnight movies.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                                I thought there was going to be a riot when there were 8 previews!
                                Okay, I do not get why people would freak out with excessive previews. If you've been going to movies for more than, say, six months, you know that every movie has previews, and the bigger movies have more previews. I mean, DUH! Seriously. Why is anyone surprised by this?

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                No clue how good or not it is, but it beat out Harry Potter for some sort of record..so I am guessing it is receiving some very positive reviews.
                                This is a real pet peeve of mine. Every time a big blockbuster comes out, they announce that it broke/shattered/decimated box office records....in dollars.

Well, shit. Prices go up. If you sell 15 million tickets at $6 each, and 15 years later another movie sells 12 million tickets at $10 each, you are going to make more money at the box, even though you sold less tickets. Why, why, WHY can't they be HONEST about these things and base records on the NUMBER OF TICKETS sold, rather than the dollar amount, which by definition is always going to increase? Stupid, stupid, stupid, and stupid.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                                This is the first time I've seen a movie twice in one weekend.
                                How good is this movie? Twice in my life, I have gone back to the theater to watch the exact same movie the very next night. Those two movies were Pump Up the Volume and Scrooged. And, if my local theater was showing this at 10 am tomorrow as my friend told me (they aren't) and I was not already obliged to be at a friend's party tomorrow (I am), this would be the third time I would do this. Though I dare say I will be seeing it again on Sunday, for two reasons. 1. It's freakin' awesome. 2. I missed a few minor things at the end, because I had to pee like Secretariat after eighteen espressos. My fault for getting a medium (aka ridiculously huge) soda.

Quoth Sakka View Post
                                Alas, all the local theaters are showing it 3d only, which means I won't be able to see it in the theater.
                                Out of curiousity, why does it being shown in 3D mean you won't be able to see it?

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
                                Mark Ruffalo must now play Bruce Banner for all eternity.
                                Quoth kansasgal View Post
                                I am going to respectfully disagree with both of you. Ruffalo was good, but Norton was brilliant in the role. But I think we can all agree that Bana was simply terrible....nothing against him, but that entire movie with Bana was just a giant steaming pile of manure.

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                                *does happy dance* Hubby and I are going tonight. VIP theater. No kids and beer. Els happy girl.
                                No kids, good. No kids plus beer, better. Though at the one theater here that serves adult beverages (not the one with The Avengers, I should note), I usually get wine instead of beer. Simple tactical move....with most movies being 90 minutes to two hours, I would enjoy two beverages over that time. I hate missing any pat of a movie if I can help it, so I would not get up and get a second beer, and I also would not bring two beers in with me before the movie started, as one would get warm. So I bring two glasses of red wine in with me at the start, and I am good to go.

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                                I've never seen a movie with so many awesome, brilliantly funny one-liners.
                                It was not simply the fact that there were so many brilliant one-liners. One-liners are great, but without the right timing, delivery, or direction, they can fall flat. The Avengers had all three dead on, with Whedon knowing when and how to throw them in, and the entire cast delivering them with flawless comedic (deadpan) timing. Though of course, no one was better at this than Downey, who is just brilliant.

My favorite comedic moments:
                                Hulk/Thor.
                                Hulk/Loki.
                                "Adopted."
                                "I'm in the middle of an interrogation."
                                "Let me put you on hold."
                                Hulk and the hammer. (So many people seemed to miss this, and the hilarity of it.)
                                The payoff of the bet. The timing on that was PERFECT. Perhaps the only scene better than a Downey scene.
                                "That ugly building..."
                                "Point Break."
                                "Hulk...Smash."
                                "Huge bag of weed?"
                                Breaking Harlem.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X