This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned something today...

BG: I am the neighborhood's crazy cat lady. I currently own (or am owned by) six cats. Due to fostering for the local shelter, I have had up to 16 at one time.

One of my cats was brought into the shelter while I was volunteering, and boy was she in bad shape. Open wounds, crawling with maggots, ticks, and a badly dislocated hind leg, which had to be amputated. The shelter named her Hope, but we call her Hopper.

End BG

Because she is missing one of her hind legs, Hopper has trouble jumping more than a few feet. To get to her food bowl, which is on our kitchen table so the dog can't reach it, she jumps to a chair then to the table. The water bowls, similarly, are on our counter.

She is so smart, she pulls out a drawer and uses it like she does the chair! It took me a long time to realize that's why the drawer is always pulled out, lol!

Bless you for taking care of this sweet, smart little girl!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Aww, that is adorable! And smart! Our two cats are both really dumb, I doubt either of them would come up with such a thing.
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

There is nothing that gets me so angry as abused and neglected animals and children. I think people who do that should get a bullet to the head, but it gives me a glimmer of hope for humanity when I hear of people taking in those abused and neglected children or animals and showing them the love they deserve. Thank you, Ellain
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

As someone who is not a cat person, I would like to have that cat. Unfortunately, I have a blind dog. Would not be a good idea to bring a new animal into the house.

Bless you for doing the foster work.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
          X