View Single Post

Old 02-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
I'd say that's more of a "will" than a "might", considering history.
Well, since the decision to settle and reinstate me was made WELL above his head, including at least the Director (who knows what shenanigans he pulled) I'd say that he'd have no real ability to stop the reinstatement.

. . .and this is almost certainly why they are moving me to another office, which is something I had requested in the first place.

. . .and I'll be going back with Merit status, meaning there's jack-all he can do to fire me, because any termination of me after this would have to go back to the same Board which is going to order my reinstatement, there isn't a whole lot he can do about it. Especially since the superiors know what he did and aren't pleased. He probably got his ass chewed out over this, not the least of which is that the back pay I'm due in the settlement will be pushing $30k by the time it's all said and done, so they probably told him his screw-up is costing them that much money.

That's probably a lot of why he's upset: he wants to get rid of me, but can't, and is in trouble over it all and has had it explained to him how much money his screwup is costing the agency.