This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account pruning

Every so often, we prune the accounts on the server. We're going to do it again about the end of this month.

Criteria for a deleted account will be one where there is no post count and the account hasn't been logged into for ninety days - same as the last few times. I'll be mailing accounts that are to be deleted once we get the ones fitting those parameters into a distinct group - before the end of this week. If people want their account keeping, we'll manually save them from extinction.

Just a heads-up.

Rapscallion

Just out of curiosity, if there is an account with a post count is there ever a cut off for deletion, say for example if it's not been logged into for a few years or they've been banned...?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

If an account has a post count, we currently have no intent of deleting it. We don't generally delete banned users, unless they are spam accounts.

Rapscallion

Comment

We don't touch those. It's actually better to keep the banned ones, because it makes it harder to get back in than if we'd remove them.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Have you ever had the occasion where someone would request their account deleted? Is that even possible?
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I've seen it once that I can remember. I've never really had to look into the mechanisms.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X