Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not wet. Water cannot damage electronics. Water is not a liquid.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Talonetc View Post
    CS: The phone never got wet.
    Me: The corrosion on the main board is conclusive evidence that the device has come into contact with some sort of a liquid... this appears it might be salt water.
    CS: Let me tell you something... I'm an aviation electrical engineer...
    Me *Oh sweet Jesus...*
    CS: ... I know what corrosion is. Water cannot damage electronics.
    Me: If you dumped a gallon jug of water over the instrument panel in one of your planes you're saying it wouldn't cause any damage?
    CS: No, water doesn't damage electronics. I would know, I'm an electrical engineer.
    Me: To pacify you, I'll double check with a technician [Addressing one of the technicians] does liquid damage phones?
    Tech: Are you seriously asking me that?
    CS: You don't need to be a smart-ass, I'm telling you that liquid cannot damage phones, and this phone has never been wet.
    Me: Ok, what liquid came into contact with the phone then?
    CS: None! JUST GIVE ME MY PHONE I'LL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! I want it in writing you won't fix my phone, so when I go somewhere else and they prove it isn't damage I can sue you!
    Me: That information has been noted in your accout.
    CS: FINE! Oh, and for your information water isn't a liquid.
    Me: ...?!?!?
    OK, from your location and this story I have 3 thoughts:
    1) We work for the same company and this guy has been working the stores since we had the *exact* situation a few weeks ago

2) The customer went to a different carrier (good) and is pulling the same BS

3) You work in my store, and as by the tech's response, it wouldn't suprise me since I am a smart-ass to the sales reps who ask stupid questions. Also, since no one stated that it was noted before, and my store did note it, this is the most likely case.

So, my question to you is, how is your Wolf?
    Last edited by draggar; 07-31-2007, 12:51 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
      How could this guy become an aviation electrical engineer if he couldn't pass Grade 1 Science?
      He was lying... He's not an electrical engineer

Though, he could be right. I mean, water could be a solid...Then again thats ice... But it could also be a gas! ....No, thats steam...

Maybe theres a new fangled water energy form we don't know about? Water plasma?

Maybe he's just an idiot.
      "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
      ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
        2. This is the second time I've heard of someone say that water isn't a liquid. Are they STUPID? Stupidity today never ceases to amuse me. Next time, you should tell them that air is a fluid and listen to how confused they'll get (and if you didn't know, it is a fluid Air flows, therefore it's a fluid)
        We rarely say water damage, we say liquid damage.

Quoth Will-Mun View Post
        Maybe he's just an idiot.
        No no no!!!

He made that man a gunner. You know, the one who was supposed to fire those lasers across her nose, not up it!!!
        Last edited by draggar; 07-31-2007, 12:57 PM.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

ok i see a future winner of the darwin awards here.
          I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

Comment

Quoth tenzilkem View Post
            ok i see a future winner of the darwin awards here.

Or a mass murderer...
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              OK, from your location and this story I have 3 thoughts:
              1) We work for the same company and this guy has been working the stores since we had the *exact* situation a few weeks ago

Quoth draggar View Post
              3) You work in my store, and as by the tech's response, it wouldn't suprise me since I am a smart-ass to the sales reps who ask stupid questions. Also, since no one stated that it was noted before, and my store did note it, this is the most likely case.

Quoth draggar View Post
              So, my question to you is, how is your Wolf?
              YOUR MOM B*TCH! (Not a flame, inside joke for me and draggar)
              Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Comment

Cell phone customers are STUPID. This story really doesn't surprise me...

I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Or a mass murderer...
                  ...of brain cells.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    We rarely say water damage, we say liquid damage.
                    You can cover more bases that way? For your sake, I hope you don't ask what kind of liquid...
                    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Talonetc View Post
                      CS: FINE! Oh, and for your information water isn't a liquid.
                      Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                      How could this guy become an aviation electrical engineer if he couldn't pass Grade 1 Science?
                      My guess? He must have gotten his degree from the University of Arizona.

GO ARIZONA STATE!

(College rivalries are fun....)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

To be completely objective, water is not a liquid. Water is a molecule composed by two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen.

Now water has the property that at one atmosphere and in temperatures varying from 1 degree celcius to 99 degree celcius a measurable ammount of water molecules will associate and react in the liquid state... but water itself is not a liquid, it observes a liquid state under certain conditions.
                        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                          To be completely objective, water is not a liquid. Water is a molecule composed by two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen.

Now water has the property that at one atmosphere and in temperatures varying from 1 degree celcius to 99 degree celcius a measurable ammount of water molecules will associate and react in the liquid state... but water itself is not a liquid, it observes a liquid state under certain conditions.
                          Yeah and the point is that this phone fell into a salty vat full of molecules under certain conditions.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post

No no no!!!

He made that man a gunner. You know, the one who was supposed to fire those lasers across her nose, not up it!!!
                            Well, he wasn't my cousin.

Seriously, WTF?

If my father had said something like that, I'd be looking for the punchline, because he's a smartass. (Hmmm. Wonder where I get it from? ) But my Dad also knows what he's talking about. My Mom usually doesn't. So I often get called on to lok things up to see if he's joshing her or not.
                            Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I'd offer you a series of alternative titles for this one:

"Proof that someone is not an electrical engineer..."

"Purchasing swampland will not make you rich... unless you think like this guy"

"People for whom warning labels were invented"

"if you're gonna pull a con, track down someone like this man to do it on"

The End...
                              Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

At first I thought this was the guy who had rain damage and refused to believe rain was a liquid. Remember him? Same guy? Or is stupidity a virus?
                                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                                X