This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still eating that!

I heard this one from my step dad and you bet your ass had I been there the shit would have stop immediately.

My step dad is blind in his right eye. so: sd=step dad

My mom, SD, my sister and her husband were in some restaurant at the grand canyon when this took place:

My SD was still eating when this pushy waiter came up and just grabbed his plate!

SD: Wait, I'm still finishing that. (not said in any kind of mean voice just genuine surprise)

SW: Sucky waiter: Well EXCUSE me! I was standing there forever!

SD: I'm blind in that eye, I didn't see you.

So for the rest of the meal the waiter gets that snarky attitude and everytime he got near SD he'd yell: I'm. right. here!!! Or he'd get over exaggerated with announcing his presence and going over the top to the point of assholic-ness.

My family--they are what I am not. Passive. They will NOT say anything to make the abuse stop. In fact my sister later attacked my SD for saying that he was blind! It's true but she took it as him being rude!

I would have demanded a manager and politely asked for a different waiter. You can't be an asshole to someone who can't see! There were better ways to go about it.

Should have talked to the manager. What that waiter did was insensitive.

Comment

It was worse than that, it was nasty. What an attitude.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Blind or not, him waiting "forever" or not, there's no excuse ever for taking someone's plate while they're still eating. If he's got so little to do that he can just hover around, waiting to take your plate, then he's not doing his job properly anyway.

Sucks for the way your SD was treated.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Can you maybe make a call to the manager, putting him in the picture about this waiter? He sounds as tho he could do with some more training about how to deal with customers with disabilities.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Wow, first the waiter didn't ask if he could take the plate. Takes it while SD is eating and then belittles him cause SD is blind on one side. That would equal no tip, a complaint to the manager and a nice stern talking to the whatever family memeber said they shouln't say they are blind. What is she? Ebarassed by the fact SD is blind or what? Who cares?

Comment

That's messed up

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Can you maybe make a call to the manager, putting him in the picture about this waiter? He sounds as tho he could do with some more training about how to deal with customers with disabilities.
                Sounds like he could do with more training, period! If he was standing there "forever" why didn't he say, "Excuse me, sir, are you finished with that?"

(Yeah, I know ... remember where we are ...)

But that was truly appalling. And it's even worse that members of your family then jumped all over your SD for even trying to defend himself.

That server needed an immediate dressing-down and firing, preferably in front of the whole restaurant, because I'll bet anything your SD wasn't the only one he had an "attitude" with!

Comment

So many kinds of wrong right there. Both with the waiter and with your sister.

I'm feeling VERY lucky right now that I haven't had that rudeness towards me. I'm deaf in my left ear and it's happened countless times when I don't notice somewhere because they're talking on my left side. All I do is apologize and state that I'm deaf in that ear. I've never had that kind of agressiveness towards me. I'm like you, they'd have gotten some choice words from me and from the people I'm with.

Your sister should never have blamed SD. Ever. I can be quite bitchy when I'm wronged and I'm sure I would have had to hold *my* sister back (when usually it's the other way lol). She does not like anyone messing with he family.

I hope you can convince your stepdad to complain. That's inexcusable behavior.

Comment

Sucky Waiter is Sucky.

Step Dad wasn't "rude" in informing the Sucky Waiter that he didn't see him because he's blind in that eye. I wasn't aware that stating the facts could be construed as "rude."

But Sucky Waiter going out of his way to loudly announce his presence like that IS rude.

Step Dad is blind, not deaf.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                    X