This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights are not turn signals.

I was on my way home (more idiocy on the roads than usual, probably because of this impending storm), crossing a one-way street when some asswipe in a black Annihilator SUV turns onto said street and almost hits me. He didn't even indicate a turn until he was already into it, and how did he actually indicate? Blinking his headlights...which by the way were not illuminated before he did this. His running lights were on, but not headlights.

I may or may not have chucked a hunk of ice at his back window, and if I did I hope it connected
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

They don't even do that here. They just turn wherever they please.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Same here.

Not sure if it's the case in the US, but over here, flashing your headlights indicates that there's a speed camera nearby.

I've encountered this more commonly with lane changes than anything else.

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
        Not sure if it's the case in the US, but over here, flashing your headlights indicates that there's a speed camera nearby.
        That's common over here, although sometimes it's just to warn the other driver to watch out for anything -- an accident, a herd of deer, etc. Or of course, a cop looking to pull over speeders.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Here, flashing your lights can be telling the other driver/person to go ahead, but I was well into the crosswalk (having no reason to believe he was not continuing straight) before he decided to turn.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            Here, flashing your lights can be telling the other driver/person to go ahead,
            This. And less common nowadays, but it's also a friendly "Hey, turn your headlights on!". Because some folks drive at night without headlights.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
            X