This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board clock offset?

Just posted. My computer(s) say 05:36 MST. The board reports the post as happening at 05:23.

I've noticed this gap before... new post time tagged ~10 minutes or so ago that wasn't there when I refreshed a minute or two ago.

Edit: This post @ 5:45, tagged 5:31.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Ha! Customer-standard-time comes to CS.com!
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

It should be GMT-6 ...That is sorta odd, though.

Ayyyup -- Same thing for me here. 3:43 local time posted; board says 3:30
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's running on elastic virtual time?

Comment

Yeah, I'm seeing about a 12-14 minute offset as well... No idea.
          I'll ping PPE.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Much obliged, Pardner *tips hat*
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I think it's more amusing than anything else. Like the board clock is the caboose of a Slinky train, always trying to catch up on the downhill and lagging farther behind on the up.

Comment

My concern is that the server might not be holding time correctly. Not a huge deal by itself, but indicative of potential larger concerns...
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Server time sync was offline. Should be back to normal.
                  Last edited by Crossbow; 02-08-2018, 03:23 PM. Reason: Typo fix.

Comment

Those wind-up pocket watches... "At the sound of the bell it is eleven o'clock. Please synchronize your watches."

Comment

Working...
                    X