This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Drama Queen Customer

So apparently this woman is a regular at our store. A regular troublemaker, that is. Loves to come in and pick on the employees, find something to whine over.

A few weeks back she accused my supervisor and another associate of being racist when she couldn't take back a product that was melted and warped, looked like she left it in a hot car for days.

So she comes in, and there's a line of customers. Once she gets to me, she whines that she's been waiting. So I handle her order and it seems she's out the door.

I apologize to the next customer in line for the wait (she had asked me to price check something when the nasty lady was in another line, nasty lady switched lines after that so I had to handle nasty lady first).

The apology thing is something I do out of habit when the store is full, it really means nothing. But then nasty lady lady reappears out of nowhere, gets in my face, and states that how dare I apologize to the next customer, that I implied she was the reason for the delay in the store. I try to clarify that I meant nothing like that, but nasty lady demands my first and last name, and the corporate number. Finally the nasty bitch leaves.

My supervisor, fortunately, called the store manager and the district manager to report what really happened. I don't think anyhting will come of it, but damn, that woman was a nasty piece of work.

Hopefully we can ban her from the store.

IMO she had NO right to ask for your name.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

If you are wearing a nametag, she's already got your first name, but I would under no circumstances have given her my last name. As Sarah Valentine says, she's got no right to that -- especially since she's known to be a major troublemaker.

Comment

Don't EVER give a stranger your full name. That's just an invitation to disaster if you do that.

Comment

What they said -- never give out your full name.

In any case, Welcome to Customers Suck! We have cookies and brain bleach and bacon and sympathy by the ton. Help yourself!
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh, great a race-card playing nasty little bullying twit. Corporate will probably give her a gift card. I agree with everyone else never give a starnger your full name . There are a lot of wackos out there. Also .

Comment

I don't give anyone my name. I used to give people my first name, but now I don't even do that. I usually ask for their name in return. They don't like that!

Comment

I've done what CRML has done a few times, even in front of a manager. Thankfully manager sided with me, saying "It's only fair..."

Jumping on the bandwagon to never give out your full name, ever. You just don't know what kind of trouble that could land you. If asked, give your first name, and if they insist on full say "I am not obliged to give that information".

Agreeing that she was a piece of work...sounds like a someone's peed in her Wheaties on a regular basis kind of lady.

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
                  So apparently this woman is a regular at our store. A regular troublemaker, that is. Loves to come in and pick on the employees, find something to whine over.
                  to

I see you have a Nemesis too. Hopefully, other coworkers have had to deal with her too and will complain about her to management. And hopefully management will have the spine to ban her when she goes too far.

I also sincerely hope you did not give her your full name. If you have your name on a nametag, that is all she needs to identify you to Corporate. With your full name, she can look it up in the phone book and make your life a living hell. It's happened before.
                  Last edited by XCashier; 01-23-2012, 02:41 AM.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow, the fact that she was just hiding waiting to jump on your case says a lot about her; she has nothing better to do. Welcome, and keep the stories coming, err, yeah.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Her right

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                      IMO she had NO right to ask for your name.
                      She had a right to an employee id, that can be an employee number, an job title if no-one else has the same title, or even a name that is only used for you at work.

Example: for this "lady" my title of senior tech or my middle name is all she would get. It is possible someone could slip up and give out my first name. But never ever would she get my last name!
                      Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 01-23-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

What a bitch.

That is all.
                        There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Somebody clearly has no life. If a customer demands my name, I'll give them my first name but I absolutely refuse to give them my last name. I don't give a fuck what company policy is, no stranger of any kind will ever get my last name outta me! God knows if they'll try and google you or worse to get to you personally and do God knows what.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Tell me your SM has been backing you on this. I hope this waste of carbon gets banned from your store.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Scarily enough, the client I take calls for has absolutely no problems with us giving out our last names, and even encourages it if the customer asks. Yeah, I know... Good thing I am not particularly afraid of people trying to stalk me or mess up my life...I think they'd be sorry if they tried. Just sayin'...
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X