This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Don't Have Time!

Yesterday wasn't horrible--steady, but not overly busy--except for this one couple. It started out normal, though grating enough, with a woman bringing in a stack of scratch tickets to be checked/cashed out. Okay, fine. I start checking them (they're all winners, woohoo), but I'm ringing other customers through on the register in between, because fuck if I'm gonna make my regulars wait while I check 5,00,000 tickets for someone. Anyway, woman disappears, and I look up to see a man standing at my register. I ask him if I can help him and he tells me he's "with the woman with the tickets". Alright. No problem. Check, check, check, wait on customers, check check check. Husband asks me how far it is to one of the lakes in NW Iowa, and I tell him. When his wife comes back, apparently from the bathroom, he asks how many tickets I have left to check. I have several, so I show him what I have left. That's when the following occcurs:

HUS: Gimme them! We don't have time!
    ME: Okay...*hands back what tickets I haven't checked, which e SNATCHES from my hand*
    WIFE: *ducks her head a bit as if ashamed*

Alright, now, listen, asshole, it's not my problem that your wife loves scratch tickets more than she loves you. It's not my fault she hoarded them all and brought them in at once. It is also not my fault you're in a big ass hurry all of a sudden. DON'T snap at me, and DON'T snatch things from my hand like that. You know...I almost felt sorry for the wife. Almost.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Typical, irrational addict behavior. Unfortunately, I've also seen it over other things, like fast food. We in the service industry provide addicts their addictions alongside serving the non-addicts. Sad, but infuriating.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I hated Lotto Whores when I worked at the gas station.

Everyone's got their vices, but people shouldn't be such assholes about it.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well I think the wife was the Lotto Whore as blas put it, and the husband wasn't happy about it but still...don't take it out on the poor clerk that's checking your wife's 5,000 tickets!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
        X