This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huh?

Yeah, this story fits perfectly in this new board... this lady was sweet and in no way sucky, but she did ask one of those questions that just made me freeze mid sentence in my brain even.

background, she wanted to know about shuttle service to a game
    me- well the shuttle definitely could take you to the game, and it's scheduled to run until 11pm, so unless the game REALLY goes over there's not going to be any problem getting the shuttle back.
    her- well what do I do if it does go that far over?
    me- if the game does go after 11 someone from guest services at the stadium can set up a cab for you, or you could call us and we can set up a cab for you, and it's less than a mile so you'd probably only being looking at minimum fare.
    her- well what happens if the shuttle doesn't run all the way until 11 for some reason
    (and she said this in more of a concerned way than a sucky way)
    me- well short of some unforeseen emergency the shuttle would run up until 11pm
    her- well, when would you find out if something unforeseen was going to happen tomorrow?
    me- ... *brain freezes*
    her- because I really need to know for sure that the shuttle would be still running up until 11pm
    me- I'm sorry, but that's something we wouldn't know about in advance, it's kinda the chance we have to take.
    her- ok, well, let me talk to my husband and see if we can work with that

... yeah, she was like the sweetest person ever, but that question about if I knew about what unforeseen events would happen just really through me for a loop... and I'm wondering what her and her husband can discuss because they'll get the same answer from every single hotel they call...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    her- well, when would you find out if something unforeseen was going to happen tomorrow?

I wish I could foresee unforeseen events. I'd make a fortune in the lottery...to say nothing of never stubbing my toe again...

Comment

Maybe I should change my siggy from "Unseen but seeing" to "Unseen but foreseeing".
      Last edited by Becks; 07-05-2008, 05:05 PM.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You know I really didn't see that one coming.....
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
          You know I really didn't see that one coming.....

I just broke rule #1.

Retail Haiku:
          Depression sets in.
          The hellhole is calling me ~
          I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            Yes, please make sure you only schedule your unforseen emergencies for convenient times.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
              Yes, please make sure you only schedule your unforseen emergencies for convenient times.
              Now that's an oxymoron right there. If anyone here can give an example of when an emergency is convenient, I want to know.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quick, get Carnac!
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                X