X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped an SC right in their tracks

A bit of background:

Over the past few weeks we've had a lot happening including taking new cashiers and customer service staff - one in general is a 17 year old girl who we'll call C now although they've been on the training they haven't had much experiance with the world of retail. I was in the store cleaning and replenishing stock for a big launch we are doing, since the management don't want me pestered by customers (YES!) I come in my own clothes.

I am walking past the desk when I hear this.

SC: DONT YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU CAN'T DO - FIX MY ***** WASHING MACHINE NOW!
    C: Sir, I can't do that for you, I am not qualified nor do we have anyone in here that is, but we can send an engineer out to you at your convenience
    SC: Can't you understand what I am saying you stupid blond ******** ****** I WANT IT DONE NOW! - I KNOW MY RIGHTS AND YOU HAVE TO DO IT

*This is where an idea pops into my head - so I put the stock down walk over and do the following*

Me: Excuse me sir, I couldn't help overhearing, as could everyone else, that you say you apparently know you rights, allow me to inform you that you are wrong. Also after numerous years with private security firms and working with the police did you know that if this young lady wanted she could have you arrested and thrown in jail for assault. (Bit of a gamble I know), So sir I highly suggest you take what is offered by this assistant and get out before I call the police myself.

SC: Um, well I

Me: And a apology wouldn't go a miss either now would it?

SC leaves tail between his legs and as he does I jump on the desk and help serve the rest of the line, whose faces go from to when they realise what happened.

I bet you became C's hero after that!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Big man thought he's prove his toughness by traumatizing the little girl. Like a dog that starts harassing a little kitten only to discover mother cat is nearby, and quite irate . . .
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

You rock!!!

Comment

<OnlineGamer>Headshot BEEEYITCH! You just got OWNED! </OnlineGamer>
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            Big man thought he's prove his toughness by traumatizing the little girl. Like a dog that starts harassing a little kitten only to discover mother cat is nearby, and quite irate . . .
            Exactly. Big shot bullies who apparently never outgrew grade school. Thank you Cono for teaching that boor a lesson. Whether it stays with him, we'll see.

There seems to be a lot of that going around lately; at least three different threads about bully customers within the past few days. Almost makes you wonder if something's in the water.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I always love when people scream "i know my rights!" when they're demanding shit that they can't get.
              all it really does is make them look dumb

Comment

*applause* Well done!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Beautiful. I always love to see an SC get pwned like that.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Ask a cashier to personally fix a washing machine? The mind boggles.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                      Ask a cashier to personally fix a washing machine? The mind boggles.
                      I dread thinking about the sheer stupidity for too long.

Comment

That's freaking awesome
                        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                        What's the difference?
                        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Cono, you do indeed rock ^_^

That was a wonderful way to handle the situation, to boot -- calm, collected, and far more polite than the cursetomer himself was. Simply Awesome.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Pure awesome. The stuff that dreams are made of!

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

"Make it happen now!"

I wonder what this guy does at laundromats?

Please behave yourself! Down boy!

Comment

Working...
                              X