Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we do have freedom of speech in the US, we also have the freedom to keep it to ourselves. There's a saying along the lines of "Better to not say anything and have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"!

Quoth Kiwi
    well I agree with that one, I think maccas is quite discusting (food wise not employee wise.. we all have to pay rent) and at least she was parenting her kids... even if in a strange way.
    There's nothing wrong with eating at Mickey D's (I love their fries!). Eating too much of anything is really the problem, not what's being eaten. A dietician (sp?) years ago in my hometown said it all comes down to moderation. "Moderation in all things including moderation". (Can't remember who said that one either. My brain cell problem is covered in another rant!)
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Indeed, maccas can be a part of a balanced diet. And now that they have healthier options, it needn't necessarily be blanket ruled out like that.

I'd hate to think I could stop in and pick up a chicken salad and be considered more disgusting than the person making their own lunch at home, deep frying their own hot dog and chips. (Hot dog as in battered sausage on a stick, not weiner in a bun).

Comment

I dont want to thread jack, but I didnt say I thought people who ate maccas were disgusinting, I said that the food was disgusting. I believe that junk food like that (in excess sorry I sould have made that clear) does make people look ill.

Sorry if their was any confusing or offence caused, I certainly did not mean it intentionally.

I still think what those people said to the original poster is mean and nasty and they have no right to air their opinions to a cashier who isnt in a posistion to speak her mind back.
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn
          Two incidents today.

"No, why'd they put YOU in here? You look like you've had more than your share of donuts in your lifetime."

"In that case, you should be standing by the laxatives, shithead"

Comment

I agree with kiwi, actually.

The first comment, although rude, was true to a point.

The second comment was completely uncalled for.

I know eating in moderation is the key, but food choice is also important.

Yeah, McD's has healthier choices now, blah blah blah, but when kids are whining for McDonald's, it's certainly not usually for the chicken salad.

They tend to want the fried and cholesterol heavy items on the menu.
            So, in that case, yeah, the Mom was saying no and although it was worded poorly, she had a valid reason for doing so.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree
              I agree with kiwi, actually.

The first comment, although rude, was true to a point.

The second comment was completely uncalled for.

I know eating in moderation is the key, but food choice is also important.

Yeah, McD's has healthier choices now, blah blah blah, but when kids are whining for McDonald's, it's certainly not usually for the chicken salad.

They tend to want the fried and cholesterol heavy items on the menu.
              So, in that case, yeah, the Mom was saying no and although it was worded poorly, she had a valid reason for doing so.
              I don't really have issue with what the mom was trying to do, but how she said it.

Eating at McDonalds will not make you ugly, and the way she said it implied that if you're fat, you're ugly.

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn
                Eating at McDonalds will not make you ugly, and the way she said it implied that if you're fat, you're ugly.
                I agree on that point as well.
                I have lived my whole life with a weight problem, so I know how it feels to have people look down on you because they percieve fat as ugly.

I believe this mother was making the same equation.
                (She could also have been meaning ugly as in greasy fried foods have often been associated with pimples, and pimples are considered ugly, but not that's not likely the case here.)
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn
                  You look like you've had more than your share of donuts in your lifetime."
                  What a d*ck!!! OMG...that was genuinely just mean. What did you say to him?
                  The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

See, I have no self-control. I would've either went off on the putz, or just flat out refused to serve him, consequences be damned. Completely uncalled for, no one should have to put up with that.

God, now I'm so angry!
                    "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

People need to watch what they say to others. There are some words that are hurtful.
                      My Fanfic Page
                      My Fiction Page
                      My Social Group
                      My Pet Social Group
                      My You Tube Channel

Comment

And it's also true that the salads at McDonalds aren't really very healthy, being full of high fat dressing and so forth. If I fancy a salad for lunch, I go to a salad bar; if however I'm PMSing and crave junk, I go to McD's.

As for ugly, personality wise these insulting people are the ugliest of all.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Man, I just don't care who anyone is, or how "overweight" they are. No one has any right to rip on another person about their weight. Maybe that person has some sort of problem and they can't help it? I've known people that had weight issues they just couldn't control. There are so many options out there for people if they choose. Where I do have a problem with it, is when someone complains that they can't lose weight, yet they keep eating fast food, sugar, and everything else under the sun, and aren't active.

I think of myself as overweight thanks to too much fast food in the past. (which relates to the first comment in Erik's post.) However, I never thought of myself as ugly because of it. Once I went up another pant size at work and started to really feel icky when I woke up, I decided, enough is enough. Time to do something about all this.

Now....I'm down 2 pant sizes, My arms, legs, and chest have all increased in muscle size and I'm eating healthier more now than I ever have been before. A strict diet of chicken, fish, brown rice, cottage cheese, whole grain breads, water, water, and more water. I still eat fast food, but only as a reward for a good week of keeping on my diet. And i never over do it.

But for anyone that thinks they are overweight and are feeling down by others attitudes on it. Think about this: I'd rather die happy and satisfied that I lived a full life and had some great food along the way, than die sad because I was afraid to eat some of the best tasting food out there for fear of gaining weight.
                          "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

As for the first comment, although true to a point, it could have been worded differently.

As for the second comment... It takes all my self control not to punch people like that. I usually settle for a snide remark.

I have always been a firm believer of it's what's on the inside that counts!! An attitude like what this guy has makes him extremely unattractive.

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl
                              "In that case, you should be standing by the laxatives, shithead"
                              If only we could think up such zingers on the spot when needed. Imagine the look on the creep's face upon hearing that!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

asshats!!!

I agree people need to be more considerate, I would never dream, of going up to someone and saying, those things, God what an ass, well, karma's b*tch, at least I hope it is for this dude.
                                Anyway, i get this stuf for being thin (you can't win, and you are lucky to lose) among the comments I've gotten.
                                MY GOD do you ever eat?
                                Are you not eating?
                                Why are you so f----n' thin???
                                DAMN, you don't eat much do you?
                                God, eat something will you?
                                Jesus, eat something, for god's sake.
                                I really don't know if they are as hurtful as the one you mentioned, but, people need to stop judging others, because none of us areperfect we all have flaws. So pipe down asshats.

Comment

Working...
                                X