X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Hey, look, I found my blank labels...
    Yes, but will you find them next fall?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
      Yes, but will you find them next fall?
      I can make no promises.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
        Mine have been sitting here, ready to go for several weeks, but life has not cooperated to get the postage for them and mail them off.
        snip
        I guess it was too much to hope that I could finally get back on track with the card exchange.
        Ouch. I hope things turn around for you soon.
        Quoth Ree View Post
        I have enjoyed all the cards I received. They really lifted my spirits this year.
        Glad we could help.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• I received a sparkly kitten (not a real one, alas) from Aethian today.

Ree, don't worry about it. Chaos is the best-case term to describe happenings for everyone. With my move and all the crap that's ongoing with the postal service (our address is not on an actual route, so whether we get mail depends on whether a carrier has the time) I'm surprised my cards got out on schedule.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I believe Canada Mail packages the mail up with all the camo hats and pants and flings them out of the plane as it goes over the house en route to Nunavut
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say that no Canadians will be banned from the card list this year. (Several of Pixilated's have been received by now and Kuari said in a PM that she's having "a hell of a time" with the post office.) Everyone else has had at least a few cards reported as received.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                I believe Canada Mail packages the mail up with all the camo hats and pants and flings them out of the plane as it goes over the house en route to Nunavut
                You have to mail your packages in these..

https://www.amazon.com/Bubble-Mailer.../dp/B07F7DW813

Comment

• I did manage to get mine into the mail last week after almost throwing a fit at my local post office...that is located inside of a Shoppers Drug Mart. They finally had stamps available but the employee was too busy chatting about nothing with another employee. At first I was calm, but the longer I stood there the more irritated I got. Either way, I got my cards out and people should hopefully start receiving them soon enough. But keep in mind they are coming from Newfoundland and stuff tends to get held up in Dieppe, New Brunswick. Sorry for taking so long!

That being said, today I got cards from Kit, Aethian, and Pixilated!

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    I think it's safe to say that no Canadians will be banned from the card list this year.
                    Not even just generally for being Canucks?

And Kuari... just a card from Kit? Nothing else to report about it?
                    Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 01-15-2021, 03:23 PM.
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

No but I might Brexit the Brits...

Comment

• Fine, next Christmas I shall turn up in your country* and then you won't be able to remove me....

*assuming it's still all in one piece by then

Comment

Fine, next Christmas I shall turn up in your country* and then you won't be able to remove me....

Yeah, I don't think you wanna do that...

Comment

• I received a card from Aethian.

Only three left to go, one of which was recently mailed.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Fine, next Christmas I shall turn up in your country* and then you won't be able to remove me....

The last time the USA went to pieces, it took four years to put it back together.

But we do everything a lot faster these days.

As an aside, if the Confederate States have followed the Brexit model, would it have been called Con-Fed-Ex-it?
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And Kuari... just a card from Kit? Nothing else to report about it?
                                I opened it very carefully...I felt the glitter through the envelope. But I still got it all over the place!

Comment

Working...
                                X