Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee, thanks so much for "upgrading" to a cloud-based system so the outsource company will have an easier time of it! Thanks for the coming four weeks of pure torture while we try to work on this fucked-up system, which took over half an hour for IT to log me in; which went down AT LEAST FOUR TIMES today that I remember; that forces me to minimize and maximize windows multiple times while I'm working so that I can see the various programs I need to work on; that keeps dropping my system tools EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I start to take an ad, forcing me to put them back up in order to perform simple functions; that still, by 5 pm today, could not fax or email proofs to customers; that lost ads placed online over the weekend; that left us so backed up that there were AT LEAST 17 ITEMS in the death notice inbox that hadn't been dealt with by the time I left, and AT LEAST THAT MANY voicemails I hadn't returned because I COULDN'T GET INTO THE SYSTEM TO LOOK UP CUSTOMERS' INFO.

In conclusion, FUCK THIS PROGRAM.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      In conclusion, FUCK THIS PROGRAM.
      If you're on a timesheet system, that's where putting large blocks of the day down to rather detailed descriptions of IT problems comes in useful.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        ... Vent your salt and vinegar here!
        Let the chips fly!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          If you're on a timesheet system, that's where putting large blocks of the day down to rather detailed descriptions of IT problems comes in useful.
          Yes, indeed. Costing "the powers that be" money is very effective way to get problems fixed.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
            Then urper manglemunch will claim "Fraudulent Timesheet" and "Attempted Use of Unauthorized Activity Codes". Catch 34 again! (Heller was hexing)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hey, guys - see that tag in Jira, right side near the top of the ticket? It's green, kind of rounded, and says, in white, "RESOLVED"?

That means the ticket's been RESOLVED.

SO QUIT UPDATING IT!

Kthxbye.
              "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Them: "So, I deleted a bunch of emails. It told me that I wouldn't be able to recover them if I deleted them, and I thought, 'Don't care, don't need 'em,' and... I was wrong."
                Me: "..."
                Them: "So, can you help me recover them?"
                Me: "...proooobably not."

Seriously, before you did it, it TOLD you "no take-backs," YOU CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT BACK!
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

'I copied all the photos on my phone to the momory card and then deleted them from the galery, now they are gone from my memory card, can I get them back?'

Luckily I know about an app that can do this

Comment

You know it's going to be an interesting day when you're at work, around 8 a.m., and you encounter a piece of code that prompts you to ask one of the immortal questions:

"What monkey on crack wrote this?!?"
                    "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

The worst part is when you then answer the question:

"Oh, it was me, six months ago."
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                        The worst part is when you then answer the question:

"Oh, it was me, six months ago."
                        Been there, done that. Not this time, though. git blame is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Quoth BPFH View Post
                          You know it's going to be an interesting day when you're at work, around 8 a.m., and you encounter a piece of code that prompts you to ask one of the immortal questions:

"What monkey on crack wrote this?!?"
                          My husband at one point texted me from the work site where he was installing solar panels and commented to me that some of the prior work had apparently been done by crackheads and some by tweakers. Later conversation included speculating on just how much in the way of hallucinogens or krokodil had also gone into the creation of what DH was correcting.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

To some of our library customers - It's definitely part of my job to provide some assistance with using public computers, and I'll help as much as I can.

However, please don't assume that I'll be familiar with navigating a particular website. Especially if it involves obtaining court documents from another state, or registering on a banking/financial services website.

Comment

I just sent you an email explaining, in EXCRUCIATING detail how to reset your account to the point that even a trained monkey should be able to figure it out so what do you do?

Call me and proceed to ask me a bunch of questions THAT THE EMAIL ALREADY ANSWERED.
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                                I just sent you an email explaining, in EXCRUCIATING detail how to reset your account to the point that even a trained monkey should be able to figure it out so what do you do?

Call me and proceed to ask me a bunch of questions THAT THE EMAIL ALREADY ANSWERED.
                                I got into a stand up argument with a.... colleague about an SOP he 'wrote' as I couldn't replicate it on my system.

Apparently the fact that it all worked fine on his was enough.
                                Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                                X