This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    Of course, if GK really wants to study the phenomenon, he could come down here to NC and really see some atrocities.
    Na's carbuncles? In sore need of a lancing, TYVM.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We should get an amusement park too. All the best rides in the world into one.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Na's carbuncles? In sore need of a lancing, TYVM.
        That and he can also study the camel toe, and that's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
          Also, we need big, awesome public parks. The town I live in now has several parks but they're all comprised of one or two swingsets and a slide. The town I was born in had the most amazing parks. The best one had a real train engine you could go inside and play around on, a jungle gym shaped like a submarine, slides of all different sizes, carousel-horse-shaped swings you moved by pushing a bar forward and backward, and a zipline. It was freaking AWESOME.
          It does sound awesome. We've got some similar nice parks in my town, and I agree that CSville needs good public parks. Several playgrounds with equipment sized for various ages, a skateboard park, basketball and volleyball courts, plenty of trees for shade, a water park in the summer, definitely the train engine (or a mini-train that rides around the park) and a miniature golf course.
          Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
          Yes!! They playgrounds all need to have adult-sized apparatus as well as kiddy-sized ones.
          Absolutely!
          Quoth Kara View Post
          Am I the only one wishing we could do this and just move to CS Town?
          Not at all.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has suggested a Hackerspace!

It's where geeks go to hack out ideas, and learn new things from other experts in their fields.

I suck at sewing, but I'm sure Kanalah could beat some knowledge into my head. I can then pay it back by wiring up some electronics into a "blinky quilt". We could do that while Protege was showing folks how to turn brake rotors after having a couple of Jester's Singapore Slings. Anything that can be made, performed, or demonstrated is fair game. Pedersen, GeekKing, and I would even be happy to fix up CS members' computers (seem to be doing a lot of that lately).

{For my benefit, when y'all are mentioning Lupo's "skillet", are we talking about an electric Sunbeam model, or those 40 lb. Iron monstrosities that Gramma used (best for making pineapple upside-down cake!)?}

barcode

Comment

Imagine which skillet would hurt more. That's the one Lupo uses.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
                Imagine which skillet would hurt more. That's the one Lupo uses.
                I believe Lupo has a full set of skillets, kind of like a cathedral organs pipes... From one suited for scrambling a single hummingbird's egg to one for a dozen ostrich egg omelet (the moa pan is in the NZ museum). She also has full sets in aluminum, cast iron, titanium & nerf (dibs on the usage of those).

That's not to mention the tuned set, for ringing our chimes. (wolfie has a full time job re-tuning them, as they keep going round flat.)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've been wracking my brain for something to do or specialize in this awesome CS town and I can't think of anything.

Oooo. Maybe run the town pagan shop?
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                    I've been wracking my brain for something to do or specialize in this awesome CS town and I can't think of anything.

Oooo. Maybe run the town pagan shop?
                    I was going to suggest "town drunk" until I realized we're all going to be the town drunks with the number of bars it's going to have.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger

I was going to suggest "town drunk" until I realized we're all going to be the town drunks with the number of bars it's going to have.
                      Considering I don't like drinking all that much (I prefer alcohol that tastes good, and I prefer just a buzz to black outs) I don't think I'd make a good town drunk.

I could be a town crazy person. But my crazy would have to be specialized crazy.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                        Considering I don't like drinking all that much (I prefer alcohol that tastes good, and I prefer just a buzz to black outs) I don't think I'd make a good town drunk.

I could be a town crazy person. But my crazy would have to be specialized crazy.
                        You and I are alike, then. I don't tend to drink overmuch, and even then, it's usually just to buzz.

And we'll all be crazy. You should know that by now, dragon_wings!
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger

You and I are alike, then. I don't tend to drink overmuch, and even then, it's usually just to buzz.

And we'll all be crazy. You should know that by now, dragon_wings!
                          I've blacked out exactly two times in my life. And that was two times too many.

Oh I know we'll all be crazy. Hence the I added.

Comment

D_W you can always come hang out in the quilt lab with me.

That's totally what I'm calling it now.

Quilt Lab.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Oooo. I could. All the while working on my crocheting skills.

Comment

OTTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

A rescue society for black cats, to keep them safe and loved forever. (Other animals are welcome, too.)
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X