This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old bat screams at my CWs

This is from my coworkers as they told it. I wasn't there.

Ms. S: My CW, usually happy and cheerful person, only about a year of hotel work, everyone loves her though
    Ms. T: My other CW, a hotel veteran with 6 years under her belt, a strict no nonsense kind of person
    OMS: My manager
    SC: YKW

Ms. S: *on phone* Hello may I help you?

SC: Your elevator's stuck!

Ms. S: Hmm, I think they are both working but I will go to help.

(goes help, elevators are working. A few minutes later...)

SC: *Rushes to desk*

(Okay, picture the loudest scream you how ever heard. And then picture ten times that.)

SC: YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO CALL ME A LIAR!!!!! THE ELEVATORS WERE NOT WORKING!!!!

Ms. S: Excuse me? I-I just checked and they were fine-

SC: GET ME YOUR MANAGER!! I WILL NOT BE DISRESPECTED LIKE THAT!!!
    (Note that SC is jabbing her finger in Ms. S's face multiple times, yowling and howling.)

Ms. S: Er--I--I'm sorry--

SC: IT'S TOO LATE FOR THAT I WILL HAVE YOUR JOB HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT!!

(Hearing the commotion, Ms. T comes out.)

Ms. T: Hey! What all the yelling?

SC: THIS B**** DISRESPECTED ME BY CALLING ME A LIAR I DEMAND *%(#&$& COMPENSATION!!!!!

Ms: S: *begins crying and shaking*

SC: STOP CRYING BITCH!!! YOUR CROC TEARS WON'T HELP, KISS YOUR JOB GOOD BYE!!!

Ms. T: EXCUSE ME, YOU CANNOT SPEAK TO HER LIKE THAT!

SC: WHO ARE YOU TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY??? I'LL TALK ANY WAY I PLEASE!!!

Ms. T: NO YOU CANNOT. I'M CALLING A MANAGER.

SC: SHUT UP!

Ms. T: NO YOU SHUT UP! (Woo hoo you go girl!)

SC: NO YOU!!!

(Ms. S calls OMS, in tears, explaining what happened.)

SC: IS THAT YOUR MANAGER?? *Ms. S nods* GIVE ME THAT!!! *rips phone out of her hands* YOUT GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW, YOUR EMPLOYEE WAS VERRRRY DISRESPECTFUL TO ME!!!!

(OMS agrees to come over. Ms. S continues crying and Ms. T is shaking too, with anger. She and the SC continue screaming at each other until the SC flees to her room. OMS comes after I arrive, and Ms. S calms down.)

Me: What happened?

(They explain and OMS goes up to talk to the SC and gives her a refund for all her trouble. Which no one thinks is fair. :/)

Turns out, the elevator button didn't light up the first time and SC was upset about that. What a loon.
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-13-2013, 05:45 PM. Reason: Moved. If it happened to someone else/you werent' there, it's a Sighting
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

OMS is an idiot. The SC should've been offered a refund, yes, but on one condition: pack up and get out within the hour.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      OMS is an idiot. The SC should've been offered a refund, yes, but on one condition: pack up and get out within the hour.
      Agreed! It's blatantly obvious the stupid bitch threw a conniption just to get a refund. OMS basically rewarded her for abusing the staff. Screw that sideways with a barrel cactus! Blacklist the hag!

Every time I read about some vicious SC making an employee cry, I just want to the SC's lights out and send them through It would make the world a better place.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Agreed! It's blatantly obvious the stupid bitch threw a conniption just to get a refund. OMS basically rewarded her for abusing the staff. Screw that sideways with a barrel cactus! Blacklist the hag!

Every time I read about some vicious SC making an employee cry, I just want to the SC's lights out and send them through It would make the world a better place.
        This just sends my blood pressure racing. There is _no_ way this hag should have gotten anything other than the boot and immediately for abusing staff. It's managers like this that cause good employees to quit!

Comment

Yet another story where management condones the abuse of their staff. Why? Just WHY? To me, a manager should NOT under any circumstances let that sort of thing happen! Yes, I know, we live in a 'the customer is always right so do everything to kiss their self-aggrandizing asses' world, but still. Abuse of staff is not, in any way, "right"! It infuriates me to no end! Have the lives and emotions of people become THAT much less important than the almighty dollar? I think not. Then again... I look at the top of the page here, and remember what site I'm on and... Yeah... No. It still pisses me off. I sincerely hope Ms. S and possibly Ms. T find a way to make your boss pay for this. Barring that, I sincerely hope Karma steps in to fix the issue herself!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

My grandfather was once a sort of jack-of-all-trades at a medical centre. One of the doctors used to send him to tell people who were illegally parked that they must move their cars. You can imagine how that went over. The doctor in question seemed to think it was some default on Grandpa's part that made people ignore what he said ... until said doctor tried himself to order a woman to move her car. Apparently she first told him to drop dead and then, when he persisted, she flipped up her skirt and mooned him ... and kept walking into the building.

The doctor, needless to say, was shocked. Grandpa laughed in his face.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
              Yet another story where management condones the abuse of their staff. Why? Just WHY?
              From the management perspective -- probably a Corporate mandate. From the SC's perspective -- well, it worked, dind'nt it? she probably pulls this type of shit a lot.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Between the staff abuse and the constant yelling, would it surprise anyone if the reason she was stuck was because she was too entitled to press the buttons for herself and that the magic box should automatically go where she wants it?

Poor Ms S. She prolly pushed the up button and didn't realize it would summon the demonic vessel that would spew forth the vile wastes of entitled fury.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  From the management perspective -- probably a Corporate mandate.
                  All too common--let the who should get dragged out by police walk all over the staff and get rewarded.
                  Quoth EricKei View Post
                  she probably pulls this type of shit a lot.
                  Fixed for you, unfortunately. She wouldn't happen to be a relative of Phyllis would she?
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Disgusting. As much of a vile pig the SC was, the manager is worse for caving to her.

I'm glad I'm not in management since spinelessness seems to be a requirement for so many of them. I'd starve to death before I earned money by caving to an SC like that, thereby throwing my crying employee under the bus.

The manager deserves a HUGE or other things that I'm not allowed to suggest here.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Yes, EricKei, I am all too aware of the pressure of corporate mandate, being management myself, if only in a C-Store. Still, though, I can't see myself allowing something like this to happen. I mean, I'm only an assistant manager and I let it be known in the store I work in that my crew doesn't have to take SC abuse. I just wish more corporate entities and more management types would do the same!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Yes I could tell OMS hated to do it, but since Ms. T did tell her to shut up, which we're not allowed to do, he had to. He called during the night to check up on me, to make sure the hag wasn't screaming at me too, which she didn't. We're supposed to apologize right away, and Ms. S didn't do it RIGHT AWAY, and I don't think it's right, we are human, we make mistakes too, and it's not Ms. S's fault the elevators, she's not an elevator repair. Still I hope that I NEVER make some poor girl cry, no matter how old and crotchety I get, like she did! I'm not very religious but I do believe in hell, and there's a special place for people like her, with lots of pointy sticks!
                        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

BrenDAnn -- yup. No worries, I was just trying to think of a possible (if not logical) reason for the manager to effectively endorse that kind of abuse. I've been a manager, too, and I was fortunate enough to do so in places where that sort of crap wasn't tolerated.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I would NEVER have allowed anyone to speak to my employee that way. It's up there with prejudice and racist comments. Your Manager was very wrong in what he/she did and that guest was a giant bitch.

Comment

Wish I'd been a guest there to help yell at the SC. Or trip her on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                              X