This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude I warned you have bad timing.

Custy get big job bonus and put in large gun order $3k+ and paid. Sweet. This is 2 weeks after the plague really got big and the panic was starting. He wanted a not very common but not rare rifle. I cautioned on any order a back order was possible if so I would know if/when/ever it would come in. So that was March. So we had that panic that wiped out most distributors stock and most MFR's onhand stock, add in shut downs and restrictions IF they are running they are at best 50%? THEN we get the fun of the last few week that has cleared out anything else in stock that had a trigger and went PEW.

So now this guy is starting to bug me "any word" on it. Guys normally chill. He does let me hunt his farm and needs to be able to keep the Wolves away from the sheep he's bringing in but dude...relax I'll call you hour after I get your gun. Hope the world takes a chill pill.
    Last edited by EricKei; 06-14-2020, 03:28 AM. Reason: terminology
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

I agree with those who've said 2020's been a hell of a decade so far.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Frankly, I'd like to strike everything from 2010 onwards off the record. It has not been good to my family.
      Last edited by greek_jester; 06-12-2020, 01:23 PM.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I'm all for a reset back to Jan 07. Things were much better back then.
        It was a simpler time.

Comment

Local fireworks store has sparklers in shapes of numbers for cakes and stuff.
          I'm getting a 2020 for the 4th.....and blowing it up.

Lost 4 orders in the last 2 days cause I just can't get anything..
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Come NYE, I will definitely be on board with torching the 2020 calendars.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
              Local fireworks store has sparklers in shapes of numbers for cakes and stuff.
              I'm getting a 2020 for the 4th.....and blowing it up.
              Video, please, when it happens
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Rosco, the dude is waiting for a toy. A NICE and EXPENSIVE toy. He's also bored to tears and is calling you just to hear a human voice. Considering the past relationship you have shared, I am certain that he knows you will call him within minutes of receiving his gun, but he hasn't got anything else to do and is bored to tears.

OK, yeah, I don't know him and I'm not married to him, but I am married to his twin from another mother and father.

Comment

Still not here.
                  So he calls to get a scope mounted on a old gun, current mount does not fit.
                  Ok quick research I find one from the 1950's when that version of his gun came out.
                  quote a $, he says great then I have to lay on him...cause the parts house was closed cause of commiecold rules and just opened a couple weeks ago they are running over month back log on orders...at least he gets it now. says what can I do? Let him know when it's here.

Ordered guns from a dist and it's going on 2 weeks till they get to send them. At least some were in stock. EVERYTHING that goes PEW is sold out or does in min's . AMMO has double or tripled in cost.
                  I did get a good deal from a wholesaler who's east coast warehouse is 20min from my house and called to see if If I'd like to save $30 on shipping a case of ammo and pick it up. Oh hells yea..thanks.
                  I've seen every gun scare from 1994 and never seen a panic like this.
                  Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 07-23-2020, 10:06 PM.
                  AkaiKitsune

Comment

I wonder if all the panic gun buying will end up like other panic buying?

You know, like the following:

When the storm comes people rush out to buy snow blowers, then after the storm want to return them.

Before the big game they buy the big TV, then want to return it afterwards.

When the power goes out they buy the generator, then they want to return it.

And so on with many other consumer items.

So, does the same thing happen with gun buyers after the panic subsides? Assorted rules and regulations permitting, of course.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      So, does the same thing happen with gun buyers after the panic subsides? Assorted rules and regulations permitting, of course.
                      I know with the bigbox places like Academy and Bass Pro/Cabella's, once you walk out the door you own it, no returns/refunds. i would imagine that the pawn shops and gun auction sites will be quite well stocked when the panic subsides. But that will cause a drastic uptick in the butthurt population when they cant sell it for what they paid for it.
                      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

You know, like the following:

When the power goes out they buy the generator, then they want to return it.
                        And so on with many other consumer items.

Well kind of.
                        Yea no returns You hand me $ and sign the backgound check no give backs. Quality issues go to the MFR.

Why might happen about year after this silliness settles there will start looking to sell them and get shocked when I won't pay them panic $. Because I'm not to buy it for over current wholesale and most cases less. Plus everyone dumping their guns after will further drop $.

However I think this really got alot of people to see police are a service and service is not always going to be there and keep them.
                        I just hope these 1st time owners seek me out for training on proper use, care and STORAGE!
                        AkaiKitsune

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                          clip
                          I just hope these 1st time owners seek me out for training on proper use, care and STORAGE!
                          I do love you dreamers so much.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I do love you dreamers so much.
                            Nice to know that despite all the time spent with customers, Rosco’s faith in humanity is apparently still going strong...or at least still there at any rate. Nice to know even the average customer stupidity can’t dull his optimism 😝
                            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                              Nice to know that despite all the time spent with customers, Rosco’s faith in humanity is apparently still going strong...or at least still there at any rate. Nice to know even the average customer stupidity can’t dull his optimism 😝

NO NO
                              nothing like that
                              It was a desperate plea to what ever supernatural being controls some people that can't get it tough their skulls that a gun is a tool..a tool that will do ALOT more damage than a hammer if your careless with it. So like a hammer, know what end to use, put the nails away and TOOL BOXES, lock them if you have kids or around other who despite the birth day on the ID act like kids. Don't hammer wood you don't plan on or other peoples decks.

But people still will and all we will be left with is duct tape.

So far my new owners have been smart to take my 101 course. Others....well.
                              AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                              X