This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, ain't this a pretty pickle

Sally had some guests check in just before I came in. Just after I came on shift, they asked to be refunded because our pool is closed for maintenance (and they were expecting it to be open) despite the sign on the front of the desk stating this.

Since they had checked in less than 15 minutes before, I agreed to refund them, but I could only do that to a credit card because Sally had already done her cash drop into the safe. They provided a credit card, I refunded their payment, and they left.

Approximately 2 1/2 hours later the male called and asked how long it takes for the refund to show up, I told them it depends on the bank, but it can take a few days. He admitted that he thought it was immediate.

Not more than 5 minutes after that the female called and asked if they could check back into the room they had asked to leave, as they can't find another hotel room. Since I refunded them, I tried to see if I could reverse it, but could not and had to inform them that I could not check them in unless they had a card I could use, or paid in cash again.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Oh, that is not fun. I would end up spending the night in my car, I think.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

maybe next time they'll look for pools first - open ones - before deciding. to rent - or to check out / as for a refund

Comment

Priorities, people! Bed vs. pool - should be an easy choice. But that's an SC for ya!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At least you could credit the card, even if they didn't get it right away. Recently had a guy prepay for a res with cash for almost a week, then cancel a few days later. We have to give a refund in the same form as payment. I ended up vending a bunch from the safe...I ended up only selling 1 room night, so the computer said I had -$180 in my till at the end of my shift. CW sold a room for a week right during shift change, though, so I got the safe refilled before I left.

(Normally, we would require Corporate to issue them a check for large cash refunds of that sort. However, the guy needed the money to go work in another town that night, since he was transferred at the last minute. At least he was polite and understanding when it took 20 minutes to get into the safe to get his refund.)

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Priorities, people! Bed vs. pool - should be an easy choice. But that's an SC for ya!
          ...can I have a pool-bed?
          Last edited by bhskittykatt; 03-17-2012, 02:52 AM.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            ...can I have a pool-bed?
            As you wish. A pool-bed for you.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad?
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad? Can we have a pool Dad?
                But your Epidermius is showing HA HA
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  But your Epidermius is showing HA HA
                  Remember the ending to that one?

"The summer wind, came blowing in, from across the seeeeeeeeaa."

Comment

Working...
                  X