X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    September started and it's freezing.
    I didn't realize the temp got down to the 30s on your side of the state.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
      i had to close some windows, too chilly to have them open haha

though that mean fall is coming! fall is my fave!!!

looks like perfect weather for sunday for the Big E!

YES YES YES!!! BIG E!!!!!!!!!!
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
        YES YES YES!!! BIG E!!!!!!!!!!
        big e this weekend
        durham fair next
        and berlin after that

ohhh yeaa

Comment

Becks, supposedly that's going to happen Saturday night into Sunday. Our first frost advisory. Oh kill me.

More rain tomorrow, only in the 60s.

While I was no fan of the excruciating humidity, I just want the warm weather back. I hate long sleeve shirts and closed toed shoes and socks and big hoodies and bundling up.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I used to hate the cold/winter....due to bad SAD...Then I kicked SAD* in the ass (hiking in the snow is fun!!) so now I crave it.

And Delia's was having a great sale on hoodies a while back.....not sure if they still are.

*still get the blues, but I deal with it much better this time.
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I get the blues really bad in the winter. I hate the cold and I hate the S word even more. I actually get enraged over snow falling.

I'm not an outdoorsy person by any means, any time of year, but I just hate being cooped up inside by force, because the roads are too dangerous, or having to leave extremely early to go to work, or the nights where I'm not sure if I'll even make it to work. Most of my hobbies are indoor ones, but I like being able to go outside for a minute or so without needing a huge jacket or mittens.

I don't even know how my new car will handle the snow this year. I need new front tires, for sure, though.

I curse my parents for not moving to Arizona before I was born, just because my mom was pregnant with me. Like pregnant women have never traveled before. Or why they didn't leave as soon as it was spring time.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                I get the blues really bad in the winter. I hate the cold and I hate the S word even more. I actually get enraged over snow falling.

I'm not an outdoorsy person by any means, any time of year, but I just hate being cooped up inside by force, because the roads are too dangerous, or having to leave extremely early to go to work, or the nights where I'm not sure if I'll even make it to work. Most of my hobbies are indoor ones, but I like being able to go outside for a minute or so without needing a huge jacket or mittens.
                This is exactly how I feel as well. Its like you took the thoughts right out of my head! I am saving my money up and when I have enough, I am moving to a warmer climate that has no snow.
                "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

First day of fall......Sept. 22.

Forecast..................94 degrees!

Comment

Yup, its warm again At least it was good weather yesterday

Comment

Last night was our first frost warning

We had the heat cranked in the car

I am not a happy camper. My toes almost fell off last night.

Comment

It's in the mid nineties here and that actually feels awesome to me, but the light has started changing and I hate that.

It not only means winter is coming (and my hatred for winter is the stuff of legends), but it also means that serious migraine season is upon me. The winter light is excruciating to me. It's so bright and so blue and hits at such a low angle you can never freaking avoid it.

I am convinced Hell is icy cold, windy, and about three oclock in the afternoon all the time.

Comment

Oh, and Mount Washington had their first snowfall of the season Less than an inch, but still....

Comment

Still in the upper 80's here. Dammit, I want to have an actual Fall this year and not go straight from Summer to Winter. I hate winter, I want at least a month or two of nice temps and pretty colors before that hell.
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

If it makes you feel better, we haven't had a "real" fall yet. This is more of late October into November bullshit here, minus snow (and thank GOD we haven't seen that yet).

We went from upper 80s/90s high humidity to a few days of 70s with no humidity, back to a few days of super crazy humidity.......then, September 3rd.......BAM! A high of only low 50s. It almost got down to frost temps that night.

Ever since, the hottest it gets is maybe upper 60s. We've had one or two days in the 70s, but that's for a few hours in the afternoon. Most days are upper 50s to low 60s, sunny days are upper 60s.

It's getting dark before 8. It's still pretty dark when I leave work at 7. This. Is. Bullshit.

Comment

We have frost warnings, nights are getting darker, I dont like winter but I do like to be in a warm house with a cup of hot chocolate watching the snow fall in the night when I have nowhere to go.

I went to buy a coat today, and there were some I loved and my luck was.........for a week until YESTERDAY they were all half price.
                                Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Working...
                                X